Sign in to follow this  

Shipping a bike from us to uk cost?

Hey, I have my bike on ebay for sale and I have been asked if I would ship to the UK. Does anyone know what that costs and any web sites that do that and give me the cost?

Make the potential buyer aware of the import duty he will have to pay. That should be enough to put him off.

you might try fed ex heavyweight service's for shipping too, also freightquote.com, i have used both for exporting and have had really good luck with them.and i think for 5000 miles away there reasonable on pricing.

Well you need to tell the buyer before be buys that the import tax's will eat him up, uk import tax is something like 20% now !!!

If I were you, just do like 10 minutes of research on the cost to ship it over there. Tell him he will also need to pay import duties, which is likely to be 10 to 20% of the amount.

By the time he sees that any genuine buyer will no longer be interested unless your bike has some very special characteristics.

If he is still interested and things seem fishy, he is a definite scammer.

My money is on scammer

I was under the impression that paypal was bad because they can do a chargeback?

One thing you should do if you're a seller who uses paypal is to make a separate checking account just for paypal use. This way you should transfer funds into and out of that account to buy or sell. If anything happens there will be no money in the account for paypal to grab or put a hold on.

• Like 1

no scammers in the UK we sent them all to Australia years ago.. Your safe..

Most likely it is a scammer. Is there something so unique about your bike that there isn't one in all of the UK?

no scammers in the UK we sent them all to Australia years ago.. Your safe..

I take offence to that remark.....there are still some left :smashpc:

I don't see how everyone is saying its a scam. The point if e-bay is that any one with the money, internet, and an address can buy stuff. If he tries to use a cashiers check or does some other fishy stuff then its a scam.

I don't see how everyone is saying its a scam. The point if e-bay is that any one with the money, internet, and an address can buy stuff. If he tries to use a cashiers check or does some other fishy stuff then its a scam.

The question is why would he buy from across the pond? It will cost more and take more time. If the seller has something unique that can't be had in the UK, then it might make sense.

Why would I buy a bike that I could presumably buy for a similar price in the UK and then pay hundreds of dollars in shipping and hundreds in import taxes? It doesn't make sense, unless it is a rare bike.

If you don't see the likely hood of a scam, I have a bridge to sell you. PM for a special price.

It could be a scam. What I am saying is that supposing its a good deal, or a bike that can't be found in the UK then I could see someone wanting to buy it and not realizing how expensive shipping and taxes are. If the seem to not care and the bike is very average then I would get concerned.

Dont do it. Most of the time its not legit unless you have some super rare bike for super cheap.

As said I would do PayPal and also make them arrange for the shipping and you will give the bike to whatever company they arrange. Full payment first though.