New guy with a KLX 400, decided to convert it need some direction

Hey Guys,

I've had a Klx 400 (dirt) that I bought new in 05 and have barely ridden it since, I live in Cincinnati and have little time to take offroad. Anyway, I was planning to sell it but upon cleaning I noticed a few demoralizing problems. Unfortunately a while back I had a friend riding it who flipped the bike in a crash it only seemed to have suffered bent bars and plastic, however I've just found out there's a decent bend crease at the base of the exhaust.

So I've decided to keep it and convert it to a street legal supermoto style bike. I've taken a crash course on bike modification (much thanks to Thumper talk) and done a few modification myself.

So far:

3x3 and rejet

Black plastics

Ktm Fork guards

Vapor computer kit

Need Suggestions/ Direction on:

Where can I get a brake light activator/ handlebar switch kit, besides the baja designs kit? I'd rather have an acerbis headlight and an edge taillight anyway

What in the heck do I need to buy/ do in order to get sm tires on it? I like the look of black excel rims, but do I need to get a hub and spokes from somewhere and how do I know if it'll fit?

...Sorry for the lengthy post my local dealer is useless and I've been reading threads for hours. :smashpc:

epic motosports has the kits about 1100.00 has everything you need (at least it looks like it) check out there site .this is a timely post as i just got off there site as im going to call on tues. to order as i got an e for dirt and didnt really want to sell my s so the next best thing for me.good luck ed

they have a warp9 wheel set on epicmoto for 800 that fits the drz400e. any difference in quality over the excel? page says note: front wheels do not have drive... whats that all about

Warp 9's are good, and the drive is just the tab in the hub to "drive" the stock odo/speedo.......go with a Veypor Speedo and all is good!!

Warp 9's are good, and the drive is just the tab in the hub to "drive" the stock odo/speedo.......go with a Veypor Speedo and all is good!!

sweet I was looking for a way to get rid of the stock odo and I already have a vapor. I think I'm gonna get the warp 9s, they have a 5inch and 4.25 rear wheel size any suggestions on the size and type of tire I should get?