Sign in to follow this  

first post. first ktm. first serious motor issue in 38 years

put about 15 hrs on my 11 350 sxf. absolutely love (d) the bike. went in for recall for bearing. got it back. i thought it sounded a little funny. said to myself ive got a mx to race sat and a hs on sunday. bike ran great both days. askeed a couple people about the sound. general feeling was not to worry. took the bike in monday. got the mechanic who did the recall to listen. said it sounded like a rod!! compared it to a new 350. definetley making a bad noise. mechanic says he thought it sounded a little off when he started it after the recall!!! im seriously piissed. bike has been in for a week. hasnt been toiched yet. thankfully its under warranty. any ideas?? can i get my warranty extended? i like the dealer but dont have faith in their service dept!!!!!!!

Edited by exsarg
spelling

2 replys so far .this site sucks. latest news- finally they have motor apart. timing chain ****ed. valve hitting piston. some other shit ****ed, mechanic really ****ed it up doing the recall, going in to talk to manager tomorrow. im ****ing pissed. this site sucks!!!!!

Sounds like your mechanic sucks and didnt do your valve timing correctly.

Curious why TT sucks? Its not like we are bike psychics that can just tell you what the problem with your bike is.

Hang out in Town Square and vent for a little. it helps

• Like 1

Lets see, you just joined, post up that you have a problem and expect people to diagnose it over the internet with minimal information.

How would any answer change the outcome of the problem that the mechanic created?

Easy turbo. If I wanted to get some good advice on what to do about a problem, I sure as hell wouldn't go to the people that might know something and tell them they suck. There are a lot of people on this site that can be of great help, but you gotta try not to be a complete tool when asking.

With the bike under warranty and you don't trust that particular dealer, pick it up and find a dealer with a wrench you do trust. What's forcing you to stick with that particular shop?

In terms of extending the warranty:

http://www.ktm.com/us/dealer-service/service/extended-warranty.html

Oh, and sorry to suck so much. :smashpc:

• Like 1

2 replys so far .this site sucks. latest news- finally they have motor apart. timing chain ****ed. valve hitting piston. some other shit ****ed, mechanic really ****ed it up doing the recall, going in to talk to manager tomorrow. im ****ing pissed. this site sucks!!!!!

What do you expect "this site" to say? You suck, hope you toss a rod through your case, go away!

pick it up and find a dealer with a wrench you do trust.

Exactly! That's what I did when I had my bearing recall done. I actually drove 6 hours to take mine to a trustworthy wrench.

As far as him thinking this site sucks, well.....this just shows his ignorance of mx forums and his mechanical ability.

Jason

haha this site sucks. hahahaha

I think you should do one and find another forum to annoy.

if you live near Port Hope I sugest Greg at Orange Moto Sports, awsome machanic! my race bike was stollen last year and I got it back blown up, all the quotes I got were for basic repair of obviouse damage ($2600) The guys at Orange completely rebuilt my motor as well as straightening my sub frame and installing new throttle cable for $2400! I have about 18 hrs on the new engine and it sounds and pulls awsome! every KTM owner that races in our area goes to this guy, he knows his stuff and allways has a ton of sugestions or advise, "Great people and very resourcfull"

all you guys wanna read is about how great your bikes are. some one comes on with a complaint and a real issue and all you ******** say is get a better mechanic. thank you to the dude with the ktm office info. unfortunately i live in canada. i have the complaint and warranty number. to all you other shitheads ****off!!!! bought a 2012 yz250f today. 15 years on yamahas lots of trophies and no dnfs. shoulda stuck with blue!! 350 still in shop waiting another week for piston. apparently they are flying off the shelves.

all you guys wanna read is about how great your bikes are. some one comes on with a complaint and a real issue and all you ******** say is get a better mechanic. thank you to the dude with the ktm office info. unfortunately i live in canada. i have the complaint and warranty number. to all you other shitheads ****off!!!! bought a 2012 yz250f today. 15 years on yamahas lots of trophies and no dnfs. shoulda stuck with blue!! 350 still in shop waiting another week for piston. apparently they are flying off the shelves.

Pipe down Bevis... In the real world, you might at the least end up with a fat lip or a missing tooth. Apparently, nobody taught you how to play nice with others. You're welcome to all we have, but if you're going to be a jackass, honestly, play elsewhere. We just don't need people that act like this. I'm not asking, I'm telling. My house, my rules. You don't have to like it, but you do have to respect it.

Fix your bike, put it on CL and go back to what works for you. I don't care and neither will anyone else. :smashpc:

Man, what is wrong with some people? They have no clue how to interact with people in general, let alone people that share the same passion. I'm not jewish but oi vey! 👍

why is this jack*** alowed in any thumpertalk forum? His respect towards members and the site should be an instant ban.....im just saying