Sign in to follow this  

The truth about Rekluse EXP

Help me out people. I've "heard" things.

I've heard that the bike stalls sometimes. Like, sliding into a corner with the back end locked up and grab the gas and boom, dead bike.

In other words, the clutch is not perfect. doesn't always work.

Now, in my mind, the answer to this problem may be some flywheel weight.

1. Is this a real problem?

2. Will some flywheel weight help or prevent flame outs when you lock up the rear with an exp installed?

Thanks in advance.

As william says, its not the clutch, it works on centrigugal force, it always works, if the rpm's drop below a certain range the clutch engages

If the bike stalls it wont be the clutch, its your carb

as long as you set it up properly it wont stall. i have not been able to stall mine yet. the situation you described is exactly why i bought the clutch in the first place. oh and clutch lever really and truly does feel just like stock. :smashpc:

only minus i found so far is no bump start. just gotta make sure you kick lever bolt is tight. 👍

oh and i tried mine with and without the 9oz fww. i like the it with the fww.

I had some trouble when the clutch got hot and I got into a bit of a sticky wicket. But casual flame outs? Naw. I've made a tweek here and there and eliminated most of the problems.

I've got the cheap exp 2.0 one in my 250 and it works great. I've never stalled it.

+1 on this. Last Sunday I rode the tightest single track that I have ever ridden with my YZ250 and the bike never stalled all day. A lot of this trail was barely wider than my handlebars' total width so I had to really lug the bike down low a lot and it still didn't stall. I never even touched the clutch lever except in the staging area before starting the ride and that was to adjust the free play gain. The Rekluse auto clutch that I installed in mine is the EXP 2.0 as well. We also rode a trail that was somewhat wider and I liked how the EXP 2.0 allowed me to come into a corner hot, slam on the rear brake and then get back on the gas hard coming out of the corner and never touch the clutch lever without stalling the bike. :smashpc:👍

I agree with all of th above except the clutch lever feel, with the rekluse the clutch pull is around double the weight.

I agree with all of th above except the clutch lever feel, with the rekluse the clutch pull is around double the weight.

mine isn't for some reason. feels just like stock.

Are we talking about the exp 2.0 here on clutch feel? I don't see how it would feel like stock considering you have to remove all of the slack and put much more tension on the cable. Mine feels probably 2x as stiff as well.

The way this product is catching on, I wonder if we'll see bikes coming from the factory with them already in place? Its starting to sound like a real innovation. Something like long travel suspension or water cooling.

Are we talking about the exp 2.0 here on clutch feel? I don't see how it would feel like stock considering you have to remove all of the slack and put much more tension on the cable. Mine feels probably 2x as stiff as well.

yeah i guess we are talking about 2 different setups. i am running the rekluse core exp.

The way this product is catching on, I wonder if we'll see bikes coming from the factory with them already in place? Its starting to sound like a real innovation. Something like long travel suspension or water cooling.

As nice as the auto clutches are for dirt bikes I really wouldn't be surprised at all if the OEMs started adding them within the next few years. I don't know of anyone personally that has actually ridden with one that didn't like it a whole lot. One of my riding buddies sent me a text today stating that he never wants to ride again without a Rekluse. He also put a Rekluse EXP 2.0 in his 2010 YZ450F and absolutely loves it.

yep us humans are geared towards lazyness. I don't even consider an autoclutch. I absolutely like to play with the clutch. The human touch so to say :smashpc:

The clutch still functions fine on the exp series.

yep us humans are geared towards lazyness. I don't even consider an autoclutch. I absolutely like to play with the clutch. The human touch so to say :smashpc:

I agree with you.

I'm a self proclaimed clutch abuser and I use it 2-3 times corner to corner (excluding shifting).

Although the anti-stall capability would be an added bonus.