Sign in to follow this  

Washington 24hrs of Starvation Ridge

Pre-entry ends October 1st for the 24hrs of Starvation Ridge. Pre-entries must be received by Oct. 1, not mailed or called in. No pit reservations without paid entry.

More info and pre-entry form at our website, www.overthebarsgang.com

New things on the agenda are the Dan Jordan obstacle course, and maybe the Hornet hump. The hornet hump is a huge swarm that attacked riders behind the big pond during the 6hr race. Ron cleared a big swath of brush and MAY have covered them up. Maybe. ....If not, it will add a new dimension to the 24hr. Endurocross! We don't need no stinkin' endurocross. We've got swarming ground hornets and the Dan Jordan inspired obstacle course for the start!!

Course will be around ??? miles in length. Shorter than last years 28 miles to make it more manageable for our sweepers/retrievers.

Course prep will be different, which I think will add a new dimension to the race.

In keeping with the new tradition started last year, we will have a running, mass start, featuring the Jordan obstacle course. ( Thanks for the idea, Dan!!)

From now on, we will feature some kind of running mass start, reminescent of the old 24hrs of LeMans start. The mass start makes scoring easier and more accurate, as well as spreading out the riders and giving everyone a shot at leading.

Edited by Scoott
adding contact info

"In keeping with the new tradition started last year, we will have a running, mass start, featuring the Jordan obstacle course."

We won't tell Steve about any obstacle course. None of the rest of us have any knees left and we need him to start. lol. Can't wait!

SJMC Club team is ready to go! We also have several members that are IM'ing it (last year's slog fest was not fair to them...)

Sweet!! hopefully Ill be able to race this year, But I know I wont be the runner, we'll leave that to the kid!!

I will take anything Scott can come up with. It is always fun to have an odd twist to this event. Keeps things interesting for those that come back year after year. Whatever happens on the start it will not win or loose the race, it's a long arse race.

The tires in the long whoops section behind the pits were interesting at the 6 hour. We need more, a lot more. I easily found a line through them and could pin it. I was having a great time launching off the mounds. There is one donkey kong kicker mound that will get your arse end up in the air but it isn't all that bad.

The small roller jumps out on the course are always fun, pin it and launch. However, I can't get the balls to pin it during the night, not seeing the other side freaks me out.

A big thanks to Scott and crew for pulling out the barbed wire. I never thought much of it but looking at it last weekend I am happy it was removed.

Now if I could just get a jacuzzi in my pit I will be in heaven. I guess I'll have to settle for my smelly team mates;)

Joe........

We hired a Nigerian for the start. He is 122lbs, 7'3", doesn't speak any engilsh, you can only see his teeth and eyeballs when it's dark outside, but can run as fast as a gazelle for 30 miles! :busted: We're still working on the bike riding part.🤣 Maybe he can just run the first lap without a bike??? 👍

I'm with Robr54. This is the one event no matter where in life things are we will never miss. :smashpc:

We hired a Nigerian for the start. He is 122lbs, 7'3", doesn't speak any engilsh, you can only see his teeth and eyeballs when it's dark outside, but can run as fast as a gazelle for 30 miles! :busted: We're still working on the bike riding part.🤣 Maybe he can just run the first lap without a bike??? 👍

I'm with Robr54. This is the one event no matter where in life things are we will never miss. :smashpc:

Or you can leave your boots by the bike and use running shoes down pit row...

Or you can leave your boots by the bike and use running shoes down pit row...

I'm no faster in running shoes... besides with a bad right hip it takes me a loooooooong time to get my right boot buckled. There's a bit of hardware in there that prevents me from bending down so easily. :smashpc:

I'll just pass the start duties to a teamate. I'll sit in the pits and watch him run by while enjoying a doughnut or two for breakfast. 👍

Edited by Rynodagreat

Thanks for the reminder:busted:

Brush Bunch MC's check is in the mail in the morning.

Our team is stacked this year. We have the best average trail riders and beer drinkers on our team. Our pit crews average age is 58.👍

As always, I look forward to this race all year. Cant wait.:smashpc:

Can a whole team relay the start?

Tag team start... with transponder? I like it!

Can a whole team relay the start?

Oh Boy.... I think we're headed to a whole new level.... Incorporate the whole team on the start..... this could get interesting.

Chad

Pre-entry closes Oct.1, this Saturday. Entries must be received by Oct.1, not mailed.

Yeah, the check's in the mail.

Any youth/beginner teams looking for riders? I've got a 14y/o neighbor kid who wants to race. He is on a YZ450f with lights and will not puss out after 12am.

TONY

Any youth/beginner teams looking for riders? I've got a 14y/o neighbor kid who wants to race. He is on a YZ450f with lights and will not puss out after 12am.

TONY

Last year there were four 17 and under teams that battled it out, it was great to see them hitting it. Last year was the first year that class was offered and four teams was good IMHO. 17 and under opens a lot of options.

Joe.................

Last year there were four 17 and under teams that battled it out, it was great to see them hitting it. Last year was the first year that class was offered and four teams was good IMHO. 17 and under opens a lot of options.

Joe.................

is that classification for age or maturity? :smashpc:😏