Sign in to follow this  

questions about my 2004cr125r

hi, i just purchest a cr125r and i love it. its the perfect bike.......except its loud for where i ride. my neighbors complain and the cops show up to my house 3 out of the 4 times i rode it. they threaten to take away my bike. so i need to know how can i quiet it down just a little, what pipes would work, i was thinking of the FMF Turbine Core 2. just let me kno.

thanks

what pipe/silencer is on it now? maybe it needs to be repacked...

One thing you can do is not ride around your house:bonk: Go to the track.

I'd say repack your silencer, it should help. It's a bummer you can't ride as often as you like, but cruising around houses when you know the cops will show up isn't helping anything.

If you're riding in or around a neighborhood even a big ol' spark arrested silencer is probably still too loud. People just don't like the noise in that situation and its understandable. I love bikes but the neighbor kids would wake up my baby (when she was a baby) all the time with theirs and it was pretty annoying LOL!

You could look into a dB snorkel http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/ and just remove it when you don't need it. Realistically you should avoid riding around your house altogether or you could get a ticket or worse.

its not like im cutting thru backyards and streets, im on trails yk,but its still loud i wont argue with thathaha. so theres nothing to silence my bike up just a little bit. atleast untill i get my licence so i can drive it to the track. i am getting a new exhaust system anyways because im enterining in a race NOV. 11, 12, 13