Sign in to follow this  

Moved from sea level to 5400'+ - what about jetting?

So 5400 feet is where the bike lives. But I suspect most of the riding will be well above this elevation. I'll use the bike anywhere from a mile up to 14k, but I suspect most will be around the 8-10k foot range.

I'm using the Dynojet kit. 2005 SM with keintech extended mixture screw, 3x3 and stock pipe.

I couldn't find a chart anywhere on which jets to use, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Please forgive my ignorance here as I've been mostly spoiled by fuel injection, but my kit came with no pilot jets. The 150 main is missing from the kit so I assume that's what's in it now, but no pilots are mentioned on the parts list nor are they in the kit. Guess I need to go find that at a shop, huh?

Hey Eddie, you sell pilot jets?

Subeng, I tried that spreadsheet, but didn't find anything over 5,000 feet. I couldn't even get any info off the jet kit manufacturer's page.

The 22.5 that Eddie said is the stock pilot in the carb, more than likely thats what is in there. With the stock adjustment screw you would put in a 25 pilot, with the keintech you stick with the stock pilot, keintech has a different profile that works with the stock pilot.

Everything you ever wanted to know and more is in this thread, huge, but worth the read

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378193

Without looking in the carb using old records and process of elimination, I'm thinking what Eddie mentioned is how it is now...set up for sea level. No corrections for altitude?

I believe the jetting that Eddie is suggesting is for your 5,400ft elevation...

If you are going to be at 8 to 10k ft mark for extended periods you would go with a 145mj.

and turn your fuel screw in a little..(1/4 to 1/2 turn)