Sign in to follow this  

California Mad Max comes to Cal City this weekend

Just a heads up that this weekend (Sept 23-25) is the Wasteland Weekend In Cal City - Camp H. The local version of Burning Man. If a post apocalyptic zombie get together is your thing, might want to check it out. If it is not your thing, might want to avoid the Camp H area. Guessing the showers at Borax Bill's will be busy as well.

Info, and pics - http://wastelandweekend.com/

That's freakin' cool! I dig it.

Hopefully the crowd will stay somewhat sane so that the city will continue letting it happen there.

That's freakin' cool! I dig it.

Hopefully the crowd will stay somewhat sane so that the city will continue letting it happen there.

And hopefully the guests spend some money locally while there in CC. More places need to embrace our sport like Cal City has done.

Burning man has nothing to do with motorcycles.

nope, it just seems like Cal City is open to whatever will bring people in understanding it brings in revenue. Burning man, ATV, etc . . . we all buy gas, food, etc . . . Cal City doesn't seem to discriminate . . . if more places had that attitude I don't think we'd have some of the issues we have. Even the LEO out there seem to appreciate us. I've been itching to get back out there for some desert riding . . . looks like it'll be a while for me though.

Why is it going to be a while? Are you injured? I just hope the BM party cleans up after themselves

Why is it going to be a while? Are you injured? I just hope the BM party cleans up after themselves

My avatar says it all.👍:smashpc::busted: I got busted up pretty good after getting pitched over the handlebars into the rocks. Looks like I have a couple more weeks before they'll even be able to tell me the extent of the issues. So far we're looking at a fractured wrist and toe and a possible fragment in my ankle, to go along with the usual bumps, bruises, sprains, etc.

Crap! Sorry to hear about that. Sarge didn't teach you how to ride did he? :smashpc: Really though, hope you heal up well and all is good news when you visit the doc.

Crap! Sorry to hear about that. Sarge didn't teach you how to ride did he? :smashpc: Really though, hope you heal up well and all is good news when you visit the doc.

Damn.. I just spit my drink all over my laptop..

👍🤣:busted:

.. to think about it.. Joe did watch plenty of my tricks. where I become one with the dirt...

My avatar says it all.👍:smashpc::busted: I got busted up pretty good after getting pitched over the handlebars into the rocks. Looks like I have a couple more weeks before they'll even be able to tell me the extent of the issues. So far we're looking at a fractured wrist and toe and a possible fragment in my ankle, to go along with the usual bumps, bruises, sprains, etc.

Hey schmo, sorry to hear about this mishap. One of these days we may actually hook up and ride together or do some Jeeping together.

Hey schmo, sorry to hear about this mishap. One of these days we may actually hook up and ride together or do some Jeeping together.

I can do some Jeeping in the foreseeable future . . . not so sure about riding though :smashpc:

gruesome schmo, take care of the wrist and ankle sir; the toe you can spare🤣