Keeping Sand Out of Airbox?

I dont feel like pulling the airbox and cleaning it every time i ride in the sand and get a bunch in there so was wondering if i can (1). Line the airbox with something so when it gets sand in there i can pull it out with all the sand in it, or (2). Put some foam in the intake for the engine(holes in side panels) to keep sand from getting in there in the first place?

i duct taped the holes and adjusted the jetting ran great and kept the sand out.

or you can go to walmart and use the nylon sock things girls use to try on shoes with, (in the women's shoes section) . there free so what the hell. wrap one around the airfilter and take it off when ur done and throw it away.

i duct taped the holes and adjusted the jetting ran great and kept the sand out.

or you can go to walmart and use the nylon sock things girls use to try on shoes with, (in the women's shoes section) . there free so what the hell. wrap one around the airfilter and take it off when ur done and throw it away.

He didn't say his engine was filling up with sand :smashpc: he meant the air box, not the air boot. Yeah maybe tape the hole in the bottom of the airbox and just have it pull air from the top near the seat section.

I would like to try and go a way where i wouldnt have to adjust my jetting. So does anyone know if hair nets(like surgeons use) could be taped around the intake holes in the side panels? Is it possible to vaccume out the airbox? If not would i just be able to wrap the filter in a plastic grocery bag then hose it out?

I dont feel like pulling the airbox and cleaning it every time i ride in the sand and get a bunch in there so was wondering if i can (1). Line the airbox with something so when it gets sand in there i can pull it out with all the sand in it, or (2). Put some foam in the intake for the engine(holes in side panels) to keep sand from getting in there in the first place?

Get piece of furnace filter material from Home Depot - about 1" thick and blue - looks like a big really course scotchbrite pad. Cut a piece and cover the box intake. Air restriction will be insignificant.

JayC