Sign in to follow this  

fork bleeding

is it harder to bleed an inner chamber that has a blled stack as opposed to one that doesn,t?i,m bleeding my cartridges the same as i always do and i keep getting an amount of colapse that i never had before.

one fork you can barely percieve it but the other,man it colapses about a 1/4" before the damping catches.i assume this is an air bubble?

maybe the rebound needle is jambed?can that happen?

i,ve bled these forks 6 times atleast and never had an issue.

i,ve trie re-bleeding the one that is really colapsing 3 times now.always feels the same.

swap the base valves over and see if the problem moves with the base valve

Check your Cadridge seal.

the O-Ring in the Cadridgeseal can go loose easy and the air can get into the Cadridge.

i fill the bleedpassage with oil bevore i mount the bleed-shimm- stack.

so i have less air in the oil after the final bleeding.

cartridge seals are good.the air is not increasing but everytime i bleed it i get the same trapped air.i think it has something to do with the bleed stack shims.i never have had any trouble in the past.

mog ,what would be wrong in a base valve?what would i be looking for?

like i said i had trouble with both but the one is barely percetable.

these have dave inner chamber springs so even with trapped air they extend fully.

Check your Cadridge seal.

the O-Ring in the Cadridgeseal can go loose easy and the air can get into the Cadridge.

i fill the bleedpassage with oil bevore i mount the bleed-shimm- stack.

so i have less air in the oil after the final bleeding.

it almost feels exactly like the quantity of air that would be trapped in the bleed passages.

funny because i submerged the base cartridges in oil to try to remove trapped air then quickly move them to the completely filled cartridge.

OK:

With the EPNP Kit inst. it loks like a worn Cadridge seal or Floating Piston seal to me.

please check all seals-O rings etc. also the Floating Piston for cracks.

everythings fine.i had them apart last weekend and only took one ride on them.it,s for sure the bleed stack.it,s trapping air.i just tried again to bleed them 3 times.always the exact same amount of trapped air.

i think i,ll scrap the bleed shim idea and just add a couple more face shims.i can,t deal with this pain for bleeding everytime i change fluid.

like i said last week no bleed stack and the forks just fall together with no trapped air.

everythings fine.i had them apart last weekend and only took one ride on them.it,s for sure the bleed stack.it,s trapping air.i just tried again to bleed them 3 times.always the exact same amount of trapped air.

i think i,ll scrap the bleed shim idea and just add a couple more face shims.i can,t deal with this pain for bleeding everytime i change fluid.

like i said last week no bleed stack and the forks just fall together with no trapped air.

I can't imagine it would cause that much problems. But you'll prove it when you remove it. No go on the clamp then?

i tried without the bleed stack,same problem.i also tried a slightly used piston oring,same problem.i think it,s the floating piston inner seal.it seams to let in the exact same amount of air every time.funny i bled them 2 weeks ago,easy/peasy.

thanks everyone for trying to help.i guess the old xr650r gets to stretch her legs this weekend.

have to order parts on monday.