Sign in to follow this  

Washington absolute easiest loop/route at Tahuya?

Apologies for something likely covered to death, but I cant seem to nail this down.

I'm slowly easing my family into riding. So far our only real mission was to Goose Creek over labor day. The terrain there was perfect.

Would like an option closer to home (east side of Seattle).

I went (solo) to Tahuya last weekend to recon. From Mission Ck staging, road mission creek trail for a few miles, doubled back, tried tahuya river trail for a little way. I had fun, but found there were rockier/rootier, maybe even hillier sections than my daughter would be comfortable on just yet.

To save me many such recon missions - what is the easiest outing at Tahuya I could plan for the family?

Bonus point question: are there *.gpx or other garmin-friendly gps files out there to help guide us around Tahuya? I have Northwest Trails tracks data, but it's a little incomplete.

Thanks!

-Rob

Go to the LT murray green dots and when the kids get more confident you are right next to Tanuem.

Tahuya 4x4 trails are probably the easiest short marked loops you could ride now that they are dried out.

if you want to park and watch the kids ride around the kids Oakpatch just up the road from the main staging is a good place.

if you don't mind doing an out and back you could park at sandhill pit and ride south to the new bridge and back, the soil type on that section isn't as rocky and is easier on beginners.

Go to the LT murray green dots and when the kids get more confident you are right next to Tanuem.

I was going to say that if you are coming from Seattle, as in downtown or nearby, just head to Taneum. Just as close as driving to Tahuya. If they're comfortable with lower Chiwawa, they'll be fine out of Taneum Jct.

I had seen the term green dot before, but didn't know what it meant until I saw this. Looks very promising.

I was going to say that if you are coming from Seattle, as in downtown or nearby, just head to Taneum. Just as close as driving to Tahuya. If they're comfortable with lower Chiwawa, they'll be fine out of Taneum Jct.

We're in Sammamish, so Taneum is probably closer than Tahuya. The Lower Chiwawa was perfect, glad the stuff you're pointing me to compares ok.

Tahuya 4x4 trails are probably the easiest short marked loops you could ride now that they are dried out.

if you want to park and watch the kids ride around the kids Oakpatch just up the road from the main staging is a good place.

if you don't mind doing an out and back you could park at sandhill pit and ride south to the new bridge and back, the soil type on that section isn't as rocky and is easier on beginners.

Exactly the Tahuya details I was looking for, thanks! Pretty happy I ended up with suggestions beyond Tahuya too, since it can get crowded there on weekends. So I hear. On Sunday afternoon I had the place to myself.

if you haul me out with you to tahuya, i willshow you the loops. spent 10 years out there almost every weekend. i am in sammamish as well