Sign in to follow this  

jms kx110 or procircuit kx109

price aside, which would perform better? pro circuit does cleaning and inspection, porting, 4mm stroke (i think thts what it is anyway) and new gaskets and id get a pc powervalve and short carb mod as well. jms does the stroke, porting (i think) billet head, custom engine curve, low end work, micro finish the tranny, oh and a powervalve. has anyone rode both, and would preffer one of them over the other?

oh and could an eric gorr kx112 compare? price alone i could also get every bolt on part i wanted. thanks again guys!

Edited by autoxpilotxoff
forgot it.

:smashpc: on the Eric Gorr engine build, definitely the most bang for the buck, PC & JMS are the top players, My kids bikes have Eric Gorr mods and they rip!

The big thing is the rider, the highly modified bikes are usually making power in the upper part of the power band, if that doesn't fit the riders style/ability it may not necessarily make for faster lap times??? That being said, we have a PC mod 85 as well, Frankie has no preference towards that bike over the EG mod bike.

i think ive got the skills haha. and i heard 112's have over heating problems, do you have that problem? and how does it last on a piston, and can i run pump gas with it

My engine guy also builds endurance racing snomobiles. All porting cylinder head cutting etc. comes from computer aided programs to assure proper flow, msv etc.

There is so much more to 2 stroke engine building and tuning than you'll know. My guy Brent took the time to explain and talk me through several things to help me understand and better tune my kids race bikes.

I've been through the big name guys other than JMS (heard good things though), none will take the time on the phone and they won't share information.

Ring life and integrity is a big suspect area, you can enlarge the port which is a must for Kawasaki performance. BUT getting the rings to move through this area without problems is the goal.

Squish and MSV are very critical to your riders power delivery preference, you won't you won't get this discussion with 99% of the builders out there. They thing there way is the only way and it isn't up for discussion. My guy Brent cut me 3 different heads 2 for track type and the 3rd was for a lower compression less costly fuel if I chose.

His motor right out of the box nailed it to my kids riding style. The internal work performed in the cases was nice but the crankshaft was a work of art! But he explained what I didn't see with the crank was the real secret. I can't go into it but oil control and balance is as far as I can explain it.

If you want a cookie cutter type motor go to one of the big names.

If you want personal service and custom built to your preferences contact Brent

www.tdc2strokeperformance.com

• Like 1

sounds interesting, for 1800, it better be nice! thats almost my budget right there. with the 112, i assume ill need better cooling, no big deal there, my question remains, how is it on piston and rings? my biggest concern is reliability, becuase i cant affored to be replacing pistons every ten hours, in fact im selling a few bikes just to get this mod. so price of the mod isnt a big thing, but pricing of maintenence is. im 16 so im doing supermini 2 for LL and ponca and mini o's if i make it. and after i move up to 250f's its gotta last my brother till he's 16 (hes 12 now in 85 jr) so its gotta last long term. a few engine builders that came highly recommended through some of the friends i made and the regional championship this year have amazing engines (got to test three different kx supermini's on the practice day) BUT, they require compeletely new engines to even do it, which is crazyness. they all seemed to make the same power in the the same places, but pricing, reliablity, and ease of repair is my main concern. they were two PC's and a JM racing kx109. so you understand my postion.

to end this long reply, thanks for the hook up to him, site looks good, im going to call him when i get home from school (shhh dont tell the teacher im on TT) ill make sure to reference you, whats your name?