Anyone know about the 2012 lineup??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Chad Reed/Two Two Motorsports possibly going yellow bringing Ryan Dungey’s mechanic Mike Gosselaar to the team. Talks of Mike Alessi joining the team are out there since it’s for sure he won’t be with KTM for 2012.

- Ryan Dungey to KTM. Looks like a done deal with a PR already out about him leaving Suzuki. (Racer X) The Roger/Ryan combo looks to be making its return. And it looks like Dungey will be on a 450, not 350. (Supposedly, Andrew Short was testing the KTM 450 until he broke his arms during testing.)

- No more factory Suzuki? Laying off mechanics and the team manager shortly after the MXDN are sure signs of that (Transworld). The Yamaha-no-factory team epidemic is spreading. No worries, Yoshimura has stepped in and will have full control of the team but overall, no more Rockstar/Makita Suzuki. (Rockstar may be out and Makita is out but still wants to be involved in the sport as a series sponsor.)

- Brett Metcalfe was announced as the sole rider for factory Suzuki but will most likely be part of the Yoshimura-backed Suzuki team.

- Rockstar loves Chad Reed. Sounds like an energy drink sponsor for the TwoTwo crew.

- JGR going Suzuki with James Stewart heading to North Carolina? Mmmmmm……. And Davi Millsaps still has another year with JGR.

- Jeremy McGrath and Larry Brooks team up for a new race team aboard red? Josh Grant a possible rider as of now since contract time ran out with Honda plus injuries.

- A brand new race team starting up in the Keystone State?

- Justin Brayton to Honda? Looks like he’ll quietly show up at A1 on red unnoticed. #makesomenoise

- Justin Barcia on 450s for 2012? Nope. (Unless they need another fill-in rider.) Still under contract with Geico Honda through 2012. Honda likes to see #1 plates also.

- No changes at Kawasaki. RV and JW still rollin’ green for 2012.

- Darryn Durham to Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki? Alex Martin is a hot prospect now as well. Who will Eleven 10 Mods have for 2012? (By the way, that team needs to get out of that box van. Hope to see a 53 footer of theirs at A1 or the outdoors!)

- OUTDOORS: The Women’s pro class (WMX) talked about doing a 1 moto format for 2012 outdoors? An 125cc-only class for 19 and under up and coming racers for the 4 rounds WMX is not running? Southeast pro national? It’s in the works…..

Source: MXPTV

Most of the contracts were through in october so teams are reluctant to anounce whats going on .every thing will be let out in a couple of weeks somtimes its a pain to work with teams as you need to learn to keep your mouth shut and not let any thing out . mtself im looking forward to getting some type of racing going again the monster cup will be exciting and the arenacross starts in october and ends in march maybe this will get some more interestt from fans in arena cross heath voss may be coming back as well as Demuth and Gibson tyler Bowers always keeps things interesting .I know its not sx but it is good racing .

mtself im looking forward to getting some type of racing going again the monster cup will be exciting

I'm really looking forward to that. I'm not usually into the offseason one-off races like that, but this one should be really interesting to watch. There are only two rules, from what I have read:

- fuel

- sound

So, we could see any combination of bikes, all racing on the same track. Two stokes, four strokes, 250's, 450's, heck we could see something really interesting.

It sounds like any technology is allowed also, for testing and to see what new technology might be developing. So, we could see traction control, or something else interesting tried out.

I also hope that they televise the mini races, as I think they would be cool to watch.

Plus, we should be able to see some of the riders on their new rides.

I'm really looking forward to this one. :smashpc:

I think this is how it probably will end up:

Suzuki JGR:

Metcalf

Stewart

Factory Honda:

Justin Brayton (signed)

Trey Canard

Yamaha:

No big names, just supported teams Vali, Motoconcept etc...

Kawasaki:

Vilopoto

Weimer

Two Two (Honda or Suzuki)

Chad Reed

One more ?....Alessi ?

KTM:

Andrew Short

Dungey (signed)

Oh boy..... This is why I love thumpertalk, guys who just making guesses hoping they will hit the bulls eye. If any of you have heard Suzuki has closed the racing program. Why in gods good name would stewart go to something where he cant get money??!?!

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTIONS-MIDWEEK-REPORT-8294.aspx

Read it and weep boys.

Oh boy..... This is why I love thumpertalk, guys who just making guesses hoping they will hit the bulls eye. If any of you have heard Suzuki has closed the racing program. Why in gods good name would stewart go to something where he cant get money??!?!

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTIONS-MIDWEEK-REPORT-8294.aspx

Read it and weep boys.

did you read the article? It says it's not the end of Suzuki backed teams, just the factory team. They are basically going to exact same route as Yamaha, which if you'll remember is what Stewart and JGR have both been riding... :smashpc: Stewart isn't for sure going to JGR on a Suzuki, but he would definitely be getting a lot of money if he did.

did you read the article? It says it's not the end of Suzuki backed teams, just the factory team. They are basically going to exact same route as Yamaha, which if you'll remember is what Stewart and JGR have both been riding... :smashpc: Stewart isn't for sure going to JGR on a Suzuki, but he would definitely be getting a lot of money if he did.

Agreed, this explains all the talk of various satellite teams testing Suzuki. I have no idea if Stewart is actually walking away from San Manuel Yamaha to ride a Suzuki for someone else. But, it does give that story even more merit.

Read it and weep boys.

Regarding this thread: guessing is all we can do huh ?! :smashpc:

Two two motorsports will have Honda and Rockstar support and Chad will have Michael Byrne riding for him.

My two cents ?

Reedy already stated that "if" he hires a 2nd rider, he wants a top 3 guy. Someone that can run with him..... Poto and Dungey already signed makes that tuff..... Maybe Allesi since it seem's at times he gave Reed fits to get around letting the Ryan's gap him..... Though lately MA is a top 5 guy and that still aint bad at all! With Reed's guidance, I think he can pull it around and be real competitive toward wins again in MX and maybe learn a thing or two in SX IMO.....

Maybe Grant??? Who knows.....:smashpc:

Reedy already stated that "if" he hires a 2nd rider, he wants a top 3 guy. Someone that can run with him..... Poto and Dungey already signed makes that tuff..... Maybe Allesi since it seem's at times he gave Reed fits to get around letting the Ryan's gap him..... Though lately MA is a top 5 guy and that still aint bad at all! With Reed's guidance, I think he can pull it around and be real competitive toward wins again in MX and maybe learn a thing or two in SX IMO.....

Maybe Suzuki will give Reed bikes and Metty. That would be a cool team. I'm sure the Aussie blokes here would be all over that.

Edit: And he has Gosselaar who has been tuning on Suzuki's for a while now. At this point, it seems like a perfect fit.

Edited by RacerXr

Why would he get better with Reed's guidance , Reed has been unable to pull better than a top 5 since his crash , himself , how is he going to get someone else faster when he cant get his own head straight again ?? , he lost what ever mojo he had , it did not return in the MXdN either , i just dont see it , i think he would be thinking a Lites rider and him on the big bike , more logical then trying to mentor someone who's head is messed up and your head is messed up as well , that makes no sense !

Why would he get better with Reed's guidance , Reed has been unable to pull better than a top 5 since his crash , himself , how is he going to get someone else faster when he cant get his own head straight again ?? , he lost what ever mojo he had , it did not return in the MXdN either , i just dont see it , i think he would be thinking a Lites rider and him on the big bike , more logical then trying to mentor someone who's head is messed up and your head is messed up as well , that makes no sense !

Reed mentored Deano and seemed to do a damn good job of that and he won the first moto at MXdN. I guess I just don't see it the way you do.

?????????????:smashpc:

Reed mentored Deano and seemed to do a damn good job of that and he won the first moto at MXdN. I guess I just don't see it the way you do.

Wilson was already winning moto's before Reed did anything for him , he just had not won any overalls , matter of fact his "mentor and the reason for his number on his bike ,,,,was Tim Ferry , not Reed , Ferry was working with Wilson for quite a while last season and at the beginning of the MX series , Reed came along at the middle/end of this last season , but i still attest to my post , Reed has not been much better than top 5 himself for the most part , since his get off (and i mean 5th on back not 1st-5th ), it clearly screwed up his head , as much as i dont like Reed , he was definitely a threat to the title before the crash , afterwords , his head has not been on straight , and that is a fact , i cant see anyone riding in the same class , and already at his speed going .............. "ok i will listen to you , since i am already getting the same results as you , and you have a hard time passing me as it is !" ............ , Alessi would be held back more by that , then doing what he has always done (i hate to rain on everyone's parade , but his dad did a better job and he showed better results than he has with DeCoster"), , so i really dont see it the way you do either ,,

All i know is Reed needs to get his head on straight again , or give it up , because he wont stand a chance in SX riding like he is now , again , as much as i dislike him , he was on fire before the crash , now , he is nothing special on the track , and looks to be loosing ground to the Ryan's , and Dungey is not really that fast compared to RV or Stewart , and Reed cant even keep up with him now .....just sayin....