Sign in to follow this  

125 2t or 250 2t?

Hey guys. I'm getting a new bike soon (yay! 👍 ) and i just wanted your guy's opinions. i am coming off of a crf230. very slow, very heavy. i was wondering if i should get a 125 or a 250? my dad says i can't handle a 250, but he's barely ever seen me ride. many people i know with 125's say they get boring quickly. i am 15 (16 in january), 5' 10", and weigh 140 lbs. and i have been riding since i was 7. so what do y'all think? thanks in advance :smashpc:

Ktm144/150?

If you're gonna get a 250 2t you could just FWW it and gear down. Mine rides like a 250f on bottom but a 250t up top

i came from an xr200 to yz250. I loved it the instant I rode it. That said...125's do not get boring, they are a blast. but in the woods you will want the low end of the 250. the power on them is so smooth you dont have to use the top end all the time till your ready. I woods rode my yz250 and it was great, and their a blast on the track too. Totally recommend it.

Ktm 200's are pretty awesome too. My buddy that had a yz250 went to a 125 just for something different (didnt have the low end in nasty situations in the woods) So now he just got a 200xc. Its great, has more low end then a yz250 and a yz125 like top end. Would do fine on the motocross track, however the suspension may be a bit soft stock, but depending on what you weigh it might be just fine. Coming off a crf230 the 200 will be a much easier transition compared to a yz250.