Sign in to follow this  

Help with sprocket setup Please

Hi All

I have just been out for the first time on my newly bought 06 WR250f with some friends for a introduction into greenlaning.

Came off a few times but really enjoyed it.

My question is this, i struggled a bit on some sections witch im sure was mostly down to me being a novice but they all agreed i had the wrong size sprocket on the back which was adding to my difficulties.

Could you please let me know on your ideal setup for front and rear sprockets.

I won't be racing just some fun off road/greenlaning

Cheers all

Rob

Are all the free mods done to the bike? Stock in the U.S. is 13/52 and that is what I prefer. I went to a 13/50 but I'm going to change it back when this sprocket wears out. Sprocket sizes is all about YOUR preference. If you want more top speed then go down in the rear. If you want more take off torque then go up in rear

Thanks for the quick response guys.

i have just counted both sprockets and it has a 13 front and a 45 rear.

looks like i might need to change it .

I'm sure personal preference comes into it alot once you know and can tell the difference . Being very new to this i really wasn't sure were i should start my bike is a jap bike made for the UK market so i m not sure if the mods are done , will need to look into it some more

Cheers

Yeah 45 is really small. Taking off on a hill must be a bitch!! Try a cheap sprocket and if you like it then splurge on a nice one