Sign in to follow this  

400s vs 400e plastic

Hey All,

Anyone had any luck trying to fit an E Kit to the S model? I am wanting black rear fender and can't find one for the S. Specifically looking for a complete kit in black.

I know the rear sub frame is in the way, but wondering if anyone has done the work to trim and modify?

Thanks.

I bought a rear fender from Wheeling, and had to trim it to fit my 'S'. Not a problem, and fairly easy to do. :smashpc:

Seems to be quite a bit of trimming involved to get around the rear sub frame. The rear fender you got was specific for the E model?

Seems to be quite a bit of trimming involved to get around the rear sub frame. The rear fender you got was specific for the E model?

Not sure if it was specific for the E model. The description on Wheeling is that it needs some 'modification' to fit an 'S', and all it took was a little trimming, and it fits fine.

Just looked at the black fender and the white fender on Wheeling and they are slightly different. Get in touch with Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supplies. He'll be able to sort you out. :smashpc:

I have black Acerbis plastics (E specific) on my SM. Trimming the rear fender is very easy. Just compare it to the stock fender, make a few marks and start cutting. All the places you will trim are out of sight when the fender is installed. Good luck!

I have black Acerbis plastics (E specific) on my SM. Trimming the rear fender is very easy. Just compare it to the stock fender, make a few marks and start cutting. All the places you will trim are out of sight when the fender is installed. Good luck!

X2 Got whole black plastic kit (-headlite surround) for $110 from Rocky Mountain not long ago.