Sign in to follow this  

out of curiosity, what is the function of this hole?

So should i not spray water around there when im washing it? cuz i did and now my bike wont start?

can someone please tell me whether or not i should be spraying water in this area when washing the bike?

I do and I've never had an issue. You could have a seal anywhere gone bad thats letting water in.

Probably not a good idea to blast water up that hole.

However, it is a good idea to make sure the hole isn't plugged or blocked, it needs to be free of obstruction to insure that it functions as designed (drains water that gets into the spark plug depression).

here is my recommended use: place a small rubber plug in the hole. fill the spark plug well with your favorite hot drink or soup (the soup will need to be run through a high shear mixer as seen here:

(skip to 3:36 for best example).

the drink or soup can be cold when you add it. after riding for just a few minutes, your liquid will be ready! it works so quickly, that i have purchased an extra CRF that i keep in the kitchen (under the exhaust fan of course).

i have rigged hoses into and out of the spark plug well, with an Oregon 07-403 Inline Fuel Shut Off 1/4in Ball Valve on the exit tube to control flow. my wife loves it, and if my main bike is ever out of service, i have a back up.

Ha ha! 👍

Thought this was going to be an entirely different thread....