Sign in to follow this  

400sm front brake caliper bent

my front brake mount for the caliper is slightly twisted. under hard braking the fork seeps a bit of oil. i'm about 100% sure the seal isnt bad. is there any other lower tube i can swap it out with? say, one from a rm250? a new oem part is around $400... any ideas? maybe i could possibly straighten the mounts out?

I think I've read about lower tube swaps with the rm250. Do a search.

One complication is that the rm250's caliper mount isn't set up for the 310mm rotor. You can get a caliper relocation bracket for a 320mm rotor.

I don't see how the caliper mount twist would cause the fork to seep oil.

yeah me either... i'll look around on here. I wouldent really mind the smaller rotor as i mostly use my S wheels...

Tried the search but nothing came up. Anyone know if the rm250/125 lowers will fit into the 400sm forks? Or an idea on how to straighten the mounts out?

Twisted mount would cause the caliper to not line up with the disc. The disc would be the weak link, and if you watch the disc as a mate squeezes the lever while stationary you'd see the disc moving.

Seeping fork oil when you've been braking hard could just mean the forks need bleeding at the bleeder bolts...?

my front brake mount for the caliper is slightly twisted. under hard braking the fork seeps a bit of oil. i'm about 100% sure the seal isnt bad. is there any other lower tube i can swap it out with? say, one from a rm250? a new oem part is around $400... any ideas? maybe i could possibly straighten the mounts out?

did you search on E bay ?