Sign in to follow this  

Pro Circuit Works Pipe on my 2001

Just picked up a pretty clean 2001 cr250. I'm planning on hitting the track occasionally, but mostly woods riding and some racing. Is my assumption correct that this is an mx pipe? I'm thinking I'm going to look for a gnarly or fatty as a replacement, unless this pipe will work for me. Any feedback would be great, and if you have either of the fmf's to trade, i'd be interested in that too.

ive posted this before, but as of now (for the last couple months) you cannot get a pc works pipe unless you find one on ebay or craigslist. they're all on "back order"

I think his bike already has the pipe on it. I have a PC Works on my 96 CR and I do both woods and MX with it and I have no issues. I would worry more about gearing than the pipe. What works on the track doesn't necessarily work in the woods.

Stick to a stock pipe and silencer best all round system,biff the mukini carb install a keihin pwk air stricker carb from a 00 cr250r (EBAY),jd jetting kit to run 40:1 premix,new oem air filter not aftermarket,tune to suit conditions,she will rip!! thank me later...

I think his bike already has the pipe on it. I have a PC Works on my 96 CR and I do both woods and MX with it and I have no issues. I would worry more about gearing than the pipe. What works on the track doesn't necessarily work in the woods.

lol guess I didn't read close enough :smashpc:

That combo will pull plenty hard on low end in the woods. If you have money to burn get some other pipes too.

A PV spacer will help woods riding, 10mm won't hurt top end, 15 is what I run.

You can get a pipe spacer and run it for more low end for woods riding and remove it for MX.

PV = power valve

i had one on my 01 cr250 with an r304 silencer.

i cant compare it to the stock pipe as i never rode my bike with a stocker..however i did later switch to an fmf fatty/powercore II setup and will say that with the FMF setup i lost bottom end and got ALOT more mid and some top.

the pc works pipe was "broad", if you will.

I run pc platinum with r304 silencer. No point in switching to fmf if you already have a good pipe. Almost guarantee you wouldn't tell any difference.

I'm not a fan of Kawasaki, but this thing sounds gooood. FMF gnarly and Pro Circuit R304 Shorty Silencer . So to sound like this you would want the shorty silencer and the gnarly or the pro circuit platinum 2 which is also heavy gauge steel. I think the heavier steel pipe takes some of the tinniness out of the 2 stroke sound, sounds goooooooood like that. I think this KX rider is pleased with the low end performance as well.

I couldn't find any good examples of a Honda 250 with this pipe, that's why I posted this.

the p.c. works pipe was "broad", if you will.

i will,

i have a platinum ( same as works i believe ) with a 304 short on my 01 and all i ride is woods works great

I'm not a fan of Kawasaki, but this thing sounds gooood. FMF gnarly and Pro Circuit R304 Shorty Silencer . So to sound like this you would want the shorty silencer and the gnarly or the pro circuit platinum 2 which is also heavy gauge steel. I think the heavier steel pipe takes some of the tinniness out of the 2 stroke sound, sounds goooooooood like that. I think this KX rider is pleased with the low end performance as well.

I couldn't find any good examples of a Honda 250 with this pipe, that's why I posted this.

agreed. the pc pipe to me sounds more "metallic". its the first thing i notice when i jumped off my fmf powered 00 to my friends pc powered 01. he crushed the pipe and replaced with a fmf. sounds much more throaty if you will. i prefer that sound.

agreed. the pc pipe to me sounds more "metallic". its the first thing i notice when i jumped off my fmf powered 00 to my friends pc powered 01. he crushed the pipe and replaced with a fmf. sounds much more throaty if you will. i prefer that sound.

The pro circuit platinum II should sound exactly the same as a fmf gnarly, both of these pipes are made using 18 gauge steel. it's the pc works pipe and regular platinum that are made with thin steel like most other pipes, those might sound tinny.

Don't buy that pipe it doesn't sound right, hahahahaha

Try riding with a helmet

Huh ? 👍:smashpc: