Sign in to follow this  

Looks like no Hooli time for me

Besides my body being broken well pulled Miss Piggy apart tonight to get a look at what went and well. Things were broke like me🤣

SprintPhoto_b1l4zh.jpg

SprintPhoto_bjuwai.jpg

I guess 84.5 MPH at 9900rpm in 4th gear down the front straight was a tad much and I should have hit 5th but well turn 1 comes up fast 👍

Guess it's time to yank the motor, split the cases and see what else is FUBARED :busted:. I know the new crank is shot as well as all these new parts🤣

OH well... I am buying that KTM for racing so when I get this back together it's all street for Miss Piggy now :smashpc:

I'm not a mechanic but I am pretty sure that is not what it supposed to look like, atleast not the second Pic, the first pic I don't know, cause I haven't seen what they are suppose to look like. I am in awe of the knowledge you have, You inspire me!

I'm not a mechanic but I am pretty sure that is not what it supposed to look like, atleast not the second Pic, the first pic I don't know, cause I haven't seen what they are suppose to look like. I am in awe of the knowledge you have, You inspire me!

Oh the knowledge I have is from the guys I ride with. They have been teaching me how to work on my bikes and well teaching me to push myself and bike harder:applause:

I will say that learning how to work on them helps so much when you're riding as you know now what if failing or what is wrong:thumbsup:

Here's what the head looked like after I installed the new valves

SprintPhoto_bk1k0f.jpg

I dare say you fared a bit better than your bike? It looks like a lot of replacement parts will be had here to fix her up 👍

Here's what the head looked like after I installed the new valves

SprintPhoto_bk1k0f.jpg

Is that a new head, or were you actually able to use the original one? It looked to me the original head was beyond repair...your valve job was a bit messed up....:busted: among other things.

Great to see you working on your bike! :smashpc: What kind of bike was Miss Piggy again?

Edited by leadfoot70ss

I dare say you fared a bit better than your bike? It looks like a lot of replacement parts will be had here to fix her up 👍

Is that a new head, or were you actually able to use the original one? It looked to me the original head was beyond repair...your valve job was a bit messed up....🤣 among other things.

Great to see you working on your bike! :smashpc: What kind of bike was Miss Piggy again?

Oh it was the original head with all new parts 😛... DRZ400SM :busted:

I am learning to work on these things :foul: granted the hard way LMAO

Here's a closer pic

SprintPhoto_buksar.jpg

:moon: Valve floater.....

Looks like you better install a rev limiter...🤣

Better the head on your bike than the head on your shoulders!

Oh the rev limiter was working🤣

New head, piston, crank and hell do it all over again 😛

Oh I need a new head and body too :ride:

Oh it was the original head with all new parts .

Oops, that's what I get for skimming the post early in the morning. 👍 I thought you posted that pic as the fix after all the damage. I was finding that a bit far fetched (no offense) and was gonna be in total amazement if you did find someone to repair that head that looked to be beyond all hope. That person would be a true guru of sorts :smashpc: so that's why I asked - lol!! Thanks for setting me straight. That stinks then to have all those new parts in it only to have this happen.

Hope you get it all fixed up soon.

It's beautiful!Would be more beautiful it it was full-The empty Negra Modelo....Good taste in beer:thumbsup: Hope you're not to bad off:cripple: I broke my scapula (shoulder blade)in half and splintered my clavicle (collarbone) at the same time.Sat on the couch eating pills for 4 months.Still love to ride.You might as well go big bore now as it will be cheaper unless you can find some used in spec parts.

It's beautiful!Would be more beautiful it it was full-The empty Negra Modelo....Good taste in beer:thumbsup: Hope you're not to bad off:cripple: I broke my scapula (shoulder blade)in half and splintered my clavicle (collarbone) at the same time.Sat on the couch eating pills for 4 months.Still love to ride.You might as well go big bore now as it will be cheaper unless you can find some used in spec parts.

Oh right now I am buying a 08 KTM450SMR for my race bike🤣 that's the bike that tossed me off and I fell in love🤣.. it has all the SuperMoto race goodies on it and has 64 to 67 HP and has that all allusive 6th gear too :busted: But that damned 16.5 front wheel on it is wild vs the 17" thats on my Tard. I mean you have to stay on the gas or you feel as if you're going to fall off🤣

Here's the race bike I'm buying

SprintPhoto_bonh3w.jpg

Oh I have a 12ver of Negra's right now :smashpc: and just popped one open hehe.

Yeah going to go full 470 on the motor and keep it my street/hooli machine and no more track time for ole Miss Piggy 👍

well I went out to the garage tonight as one I had someone coming by to test ride the GasGas ( He loved it) and well while i was waiting I decided to start going through issues that could have caused the failure and well....... (hope you are all sitting down and have a drink) it was a simple part:foul:

🤣 The exhaust valve keeper slipped out causing the exhaust valve to stay open and hit the piston🤣

(see how the other valve keepers and stuff is down?)

SprintPhoto_bcwm5u.jpg

And from what it looks like it caused that valve to snap and wedge in theto the head

SprintPhoto_buksar.jpg

Which caused a catastrophic failure🤣

Hey I am learning and I figured this out on my own by tearing it apart and looking :smashpc:

So besides learning to work on them I am learning what can cause major damage :busted:

GasGas looks like it might be sold as the guy really really wants it. So that means KTM450SMR next to Miss Piggy in the garage 👍

Where are you located in washington? And where are the women like you in Virginia?My cousin lives in Stanwood and my aunt in Port Towsend.I toured the pacific northwest growing up almost every summer in an RV pulling a boat with a dirt bike in it and a canoe on top of the RV.Very fond memories,Ross lake is a favorite.....Damn bears get into everything

Where are you located in washington? And where are the women like you in Virginia?My cousin lives in Stanwood and my aunt in Port Towsend.I toured the pacific northwest growing up almost every summer in an RV pulling a boat with a dirt bike in it and a canoe on top of the RV.Very fond memories,Ross lake is a favorite.....Damn bears get into everything

I'm in Renton (south of Seattle). I just moved up here 3 years ago. I'm a native Cali girl, Yes yes.... surfer girl🤣

Oh there are a lot of us around :smashpc: I think the world would explode if we were all in one spot 😛

I have been riding for 40+ years with a 9 year stoppage (bad crash) so I guess then it's 31 years but last year I started racing and really started learning how to work on my bikes 👍 Oh and wreck them too🤣

I love it up here in WA. Yes I miss family and a few friends in Cali but I still can't get myself to move back down there :busted:

Besides... I have the countries best SuperMoto track 15/20 mins away and trails that same distance🤣

See you need to leave the east coast hehe

Mucho respect for fellow females who do their own wrenching! My DH insisted on teaching me the ropes of how to tear down an engine and it's knowledge worth learning.

Glad to hear that the bike is repairable. That damage made my teeth hurt 👍

Just remember. Metal and plastic are replaceable, bodies take time to heal and sometimes our parts can't be replaced so be careful out there!

Mucho respect for fellow females who do their own wrenching! My DH insisted on teaching me the ropes of how to tear down an engine and it's knowledge worth learning.

Glad to hear that the bike is repairable. That damage made my teeth hurt :worthy:

Just remember. Metal and plastic are replaceable, bodies take time to heal and sometimes our parts can't be replaced so be careful out there!

Yeah..... going to pull the motor out and split the cases again here soon :worthy: Been busy getting the GasGas all dialed in for it's sale now working on picking up the KTM 👍 So Ole Miss Piggy is just hangin out on the stand hehe:smirk:

It's so cool to hear of other fellow females wrenching on their own bikes too :worthy:

Now to get the body all healed up and we will be good to go for next seasons racing :worthy:

But I will be out on the track on the 23rd :worthy: Just cause we are doing a free supermoto day out here and we are letting people ride our race bikes and or Demo bikes :ride: This is to help build this sport out here and to build a better race group :worthy:

Holy crap that engine looks horrible! When you grenade an engine you don't mess around! :ride:

You are one impressive lady Debi 👍 as the others I am very impressed by your wrenching skills. Any videos of you shreddin the gnar?