Sign in to follow this  

Mikuni VM24 Settings

I have been trying to tune in a VM24 off of a KX65 on my DRZ125... (I know not a TTR) but I see alot of you TTR guys trying this carb out and the motor set ups are simlilar.

I have a bogging issue from about 1/4-1/2 throttle .. I think its a needle problem as moving the needle up or down just kind of moves the bog around a little. It's been a fight trying to make this work without a pumpshot.

I'm wondering what Needles has been working good on your set ups? I think the 2 stroke needle is way too lean.... Currently running a 120 Main, 40 Pilot, Stock KX 5HS59 Needle, it likes the airscrew about 1 turn out at these settings..

I read in the other posts that most liked the 17.5 Pilot.. I think with the right Needle I can back the pilot back down and make it work. Thx for the help!

If it's bogging early in, you probably need to drop the pilot one size. How is it past half throttle?

I read in the other posts that most liked the 17.5 Pilot.. I think with the right Needle I can back the pilot back down and make it work. Thx for the help!

The 17.5 pilot is for the stock carb. Sorry I can't give you any help I am messing with the CRF 150 carb. I figured a four stroke carb would be easier to jet.

It is clean past 1/2 Throttle... It just bogs out from 1/4 to 1/2

I have tried all the Pilots from 15-40 and it likes the 40 better than the smaller sizes. I think this is a Needle/Slide/Needle Jet issue from my experiance so far. As you can roll into the throttle nice and easy and the Bog is almost gone. However, when riding it, if you roll into the gas nice and slow down the street ... It still has a spot from about 2000-4000rpms that lags. I was almost positive this was from a lean condition but you never know.

I got a new needle waiting for me at the house today (richer)... I will try that and see if it helps.

Mid range lean should be helped by a jet needle, so that is a good change. Have you lowered your clip position?

For me a lean hole from 1/4th-1/2 throttle I would be looking at the needle jet as it will make more difference in that range.

Good luck