Sign in to follow this  

Filter Question

Have any of you guys put a k&n filter on your drz125? I found one for fairly cheap and figured i'd give it a try. Just wondering about the pros and cons from those of you that have used one.:smashpc:

More air ='s more dirt. I would not run a k&n filter on my dirtbike personally. Street is a different story. the stock filter works very well.

Tom

I've got one on my bike, the biggest gain i noticed was better throttle response. Dirt wasn't really to big of a problem with it. As long as you keep servicing it with the cleaners they sell.

Have any of you guys put a k&n filter on your drz125? I found one for fairly cheap and figured i'd give it a try. Just wondering about the pros and cons from those of you that have used one.:smashpc:

Pro: Cleanings are few and far between

Con: I sucked $800 worth of dirt into my RM250 last summer with a clean and well fitting K&N. It happens more often than not for some people.

Some people have great luck with K&N off road, but I'd advise throwing one in your truck instead and using foam filters. If you use it, keep it clean and the rim greased and keep us updated.

EDIT: I hope its a real K&N and not a chinese KNN. I wouldn't trust those to filter my exhaust.

I'll never use a K&N filter in the dirt ... Even if a Outerware is used .., I don't feel that there is enough filter material for dirt applications !!!!

Foam dual stage is all I'll ever use ..

i wouldnt advise using a k&n just causes more problems than good might sound nice but off road is a big no no!!!!