Flooded BIG TIME

I have a couple of questions. Last week I got around to finally firing up a vintage project I've been working on for a few years. The big is a 1981 YZ 250.

I ran into some trouble with the kick starter and only got to ride it for a few minutes on my rebuild before it died and I couldn’t restart it. To make a long story short tonight I was repairing the kick starter and noticed a few drips of fuel coming from the pipe near the cylinder.

Anyhow I probably drained almost 2/3 of a Pepsi can worth of fuel from the pipe and the crank case. I feel really dumb about this as it sat in there for a week without me knowing it. What are your thoughts regarding the bearings and crank seals? Would they be damaged by all this fuel sitting in there for so long? The gas had no alcohol if that makes any difference. I'm pretty sure I must have a needle or float issue.

Thanks for reading this rambling post

ERic

happens on my vintage junk all the time. fills the pipe, cylinder, crank. Pull the plug, and pipe, kick your guts out and fire it up.

My 80 YZ125 has a bad habit of allowing me to put the carb bowl on and it somehow traps the float down. And the overflow doesnt indicate the fact that i am filling my motor with pre-mix. Double check that.

Also, couldnt hurt to replace the float needle, ive had some old ones develope a ring around the rubber from years of use causing leakage.