Sign in to follow this  

Flooded and in need of help...

Remove all Advertisements

I have a couple of questions. Last week I got around to finally firing up a vintage project I've been working on for a few years. The big is a 1981 YZ 250.

I ran into some trouble with the kick starter and only got to ride it for a few minutes on my rebuild before it died and I couldn’t restart it. To make a long story short tonight I was repairing the kick starter and noticed a few drips of fuel coming from the pipe near the cylinder.

Anyhow I probably drained almost 2/3 of a Pepsi can worth of fuel from the pipe and the crank case. I feel really dumb about this as it sat in there for a week without me knowing it. What are your thoughts regarding the bearings and crank seals? Would they be damaged by all this fuel sitting in there for so long? The gas had no alcohol if that makes any difference. I'm pretty sure I must have a needle or float issue.

Thanks for reading this rambling post

ERic

I don't see any real problem, seal rubber is made to take gas and oil, just put a few oil can squirts of oil in cylinder, kick it a few times to get the oil in the mix chamber(crank case) and fire it up.