Sign in to follow this  

Any good 11-12 250/350 sxf stories?

Im tierd of all the ktm horror storries out there anyone got some good ones?.I guess thats forums for you though eh.

If you could state your model, year, hours, bike history that would be awsome.If Someone knows how to do a poll feel free to start one up.

I pick up a 2012 250sxf tomorrow:banana:

aldo

I have a 11 350sxf. I dont know the actual hours. I do my maintenance by the ride no matter how short or long. I change the oil every 3 rides. Filter every ride. I keep the bike imaculate right down to the double wrap KTM safety wire on the grips. Those are always fresh too.

I ride 2-3 times a week and usually do 3 25min motos. I ride mx in sand and other new england garbage and I ride the bike the only way it makes power...revved out in every gear. I basically beat the shit out of it and then wash it and detail it by blowing off the water with compressed air, lubing the pivots chain etc. then detail it with SC1. I switched from simple green to purple power (just don't let the pp sit on the bike to long) and the bike looks showroom glossy.

The bike has been stellar. I fear these horror stories too but so far so good.

Just be good with maintenance and keep it pinned. May the EFI Gods shine upon you my child:ride:

• Like 1

I have a 2011 350SXF that has 102 hours on it in 9 months. I have raced 20 times during that time and have had no issues.

2011 350sxf with 55 hrs on it. Bearing recall done 12 hours ago. No issues at this point. Best bike I have ever owned. Most fun bike to ride. Have done some MX and a gp with it. Mostly ride local Socal tracks.

'11 350 with 50 hours MX only riding B class with no issues. Took some time to adapt to the 350 starting technique but it's all good now.

Had the bearing recall done and it runs great and has been bullet proof.

Jason

2011 350 SXF. I bought one of the first ones available in the SW. I change the oil and filter after about 3-4 rides. I ride all different terrain of which mostly includes deep sandy whoops. I have only had a couple minor issues, one of which was losing 2 header springs (make sure to crimp them so they stay on). One other was the exhaust bracket cracking but KTM covered it under warranty. I also had the bearing recall done with no issues. These are really the only negative aspects which you can expect similar issues from any brand that coms out with an entirely new bike (had the '09 CRF450r).

The bike has a lot of desert hours on it. I recently checked the valve clearances and they are easily in spec.

I have been on the "Red" side for a long time. Thought I'd try orange, and now I can't go back. Some of the orange things that prevents me from going back are:

Hydraulic clutch

Can't make it stall

Easy access air filter

Brembo brakes (awesome stopping power)

Wide footpegs stock

1 1/8" bars stock

1/4 turn gas cap

Electric Start!!! I love when someone on a Jap bike gets half worn out trying to kick start their bike.

• Like 1

2012 here and love it, motor is perfect for motorcross. Ride the bike 2x a week for the last month and have had no problems.

I have an '11 350 with 20 hours on it. Haven't got to ride it much because of injuries since I got it but love the bike. no issues with it yet.

11 350SXF, bought it brand new when they first came out, maybe 60 hours on A level off road racing and such, its been bullet proof, not a single issue ( i did just have the recall done) love this bike!! made me sell my 300 off, and I've had at least one 300 in the garage since 98, never rode it, I kept it around for a year and rode them back to back many many times, just plain like the 350 better!!!

I have a 11 350sxf. I dont know the actual hours. I do my maintenance by the ride no matter how short or long. I change the oil every 3 rides. Filter every ride. I keep the bike imaculate right down to the double wrap KTM safety wire on the grips. Those are always fresh too.

I ride 2-3 times a week and usually do 3 25min motos. I ride mx in sand and other new england garbage and I ride the bike the only way it makes power...revved out in every gear. I basically beat the shit out of it and then wash it and detail it by blowing off the water with compressed air, lubing the pivots chain etc. then detail it with SC1. I switched from simple green to purple power (just don't let the pp sit on the bike to long) and the bike looks showroom glossy.

The bike has been stellar. I fear these horror stories too but so far so good.

Just be good with maintenance and keep it pinned. May the EFI Gods shine upon you my child:ride:

THIS ^^^^^

I pretty much do exactly this except for the wire on grips lol Bikes great love it cant see riding a 450 anytime in the future this is the ultimate fun mx bike when set up correctly ie gearing, suspension,mapping

Thanks for posting this. I have a 11 350SXF and am tired of reading about complaints on this forum. I love my bike. 0 trouble after 40 hrs and have NOT done the bearing recall yet. Will eventually but am dreading it.

I'm also not liking the fuel pump issue being posted. But again, my bike has been great to me (I'm been great to it).

have NOT done the bearing recall yet. Will eventually but am dreading it.

I wouldn't dread it, I would find a reputable mechanic that just happens to work at a KTM dealership.

I was lucky to have Munn Racing within 5 hours of my house so I drove it over and had it back the same day. Maybe you could ship your engine to them in Texas, or atleast call Chip at Munn racing (888-850-7437) and ask him who he recommends in your area.

Later, Jason

Just rode my 12' today everyone watched and had a ton of comments

Thanks for posting this. I have a 11 350SXF and am tired of reading about complaints on this forum. I love my bike. 0 trouble after 40 hrs and have NOT done the bearing recall yet. Will eventually but am dreading it.

I'm also not liking the fuel pump issue being posted. But again, my bike has been great to me (I'm been great to it).

Perhaps you should come out from under your rock and accept there are some issues. Should everyone keep these issues hidden from others so they can't benefit from the knowledge? This is why forums exist - for both positive and negative experiences...Same for cars, camera's, televisions, and women. Pick a product and there's a forum to read about it.

Wake up.

Edited by rickk

Perhaps you should come out from under your rock and accept there are some issues. Should everyone keep these issues hidden from others so they can't benefit from the knowledge? This is why forums exist - for both positive and negative experiences...Same for cars, camera's, televisions, and women. Pick a product and there's a forum to read about it.

Wake up.

I think theres been more than the fair share of bashing threads, this is a good news one. dont like it.....dont post.

Wake up.

Wake up...we'll do rickk. Thanks for posting...yet another negative comment. Gotta love the keyboard tough guys:smirk:

I have an 11 350 one of the first too hit OZ,

For me and my ability its been awesome and has allowed me to really enjoy MX, but it has really one downside its a condition called "PLEASEWIFELETMEGOBACKTOTHETRACKITIS"

I have about 60hrs no issues starts so easy that I have to concentrate not hitting the starter when loading on the trailer !!!!

Had the recall done and valves are perfect.

I am anal about my bike, clean airfilter every ride, change oil and filter every 4 to 5 hrs and I have been running repsol 10w 50 oil with no issues.

I did not like the front forks but I sorted it out with my local tuner as had race tech heavier springs front and rear and had the front forks revalved and installed racetech gp2r gold valves. My weight is 95kg but I plan to get to 85kg !!

Also put on a full fmf powerbomb system TI exaust , agressive switch, 1 tooth up on the rear sprocket, sunline vx1 clutch lever, moose offset wider footpegs,hammerhead shifter,g2 erganomics quick turn throttle, renthal 997 bend bars,and hpds clamps.

In short i love the bike and I feel safe on the track and in control which is paramount as I have a wife and 3 kids to feed !!

I am strongly considering the bigbore kit as rick has done and I think that will be it. I just need to improve my technique which will only come from riding !!

A friend of mine skipped the bearing recall

Now he has a 350 with broken cases (less than 40 hours)

Kim