Sign in to follow this  

2006 450 silencer onto a 650 bike?yesno?

is that possible, its off a 4 stroke, its a 450 2006 silencer...

i wanted to put it onto one of my 650's...got a suzuki dr650 90 that has no silencer and its a suzuki so i thought it might be a option, i know its something to do with back pressure and stuff like that if its gonna harm my motor in anyway let me know and ill get this outta my head...:smashpc:

i also got a klr650 wouldnt mind putting this on as it would look alot nicer and probly skin some pounds off her 👍...

thanks for reading as always guys...

The biggest issue is getting it to fit. Can you weld or do you have access to someone who can for a fair price? It's not gonna bolt up without some serious mods. Might have to cut off the inlet pipe on each pipe and weld the old inlet onto the new body, or at least do some blending of the 2. You're not gonna hurt the motor in any way. The tuning of the system is done mostly through the header. You will see less back pressure and will probably need to re-jet your bike when it's all said and done to get it to run properly.

The biggest issue is getting it to fit. Can you weld or do you have access to someone who can for a fair price? It's not gonna bolt up without some serious mods. Might have to cut off the inlet pipe on each pipe and weld the old inlet onto the new body, or at least do some blending of the 2. You're not gonna hurt the motor in any way. The tuning of the system is done mostly through the header. You will see less back pressure and will probably need to re-jet your bike when it's all said and done to get it to run properly.

ok so fitting is a issue... by less back pressure what do you mean? when i put my hand up to it and it seems like not as much pressure comes out?...

rejetting iv never opened a carb besides uhhh moving a needle on a 2 stroke ..seems scary adjusting a carb from its stock state (scares me anyways)

well if it wont harm motor its game time i got a welder next door.... so thats good news hes pricey but ill search around for prices..

thing is i just got this new klr650 94... i really dont wanna harm motor or carb in anyway if im good then tell me one more time cause im scared its my only running bike right now!!!!!! or just explain to me what jetting a carb does?

anyways im gonna paint my header so that would be a good time to check it.... its just the pipe on the klr650 right now is so big dont get me wrong this one is huge but iv seen people say dont mess with exhaust it wont help your bike etc etc, i guess there just being cautious i guess it comes down to how hard will it be, how much will it cost( AS ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSS)

thanks for your reply man..

ill snap a pic of this silencer its damn nice ... when i compare it to the black silencer i got on my klr650 it makes it look like its a zillion years older lol, but its the right one thats why i like it, but man this is the nicest silencer i have ever owned & i got it for FREEEEEEEEEEE

lets :smashpc: to that....

rejetting iv never opened a carb besides uhhh moving a needle on a 2 stroke ..seems scary adjusting a carb from its stock state (scares me anyways)

thing is i just got this new klr650 94... i really dont wanna harm motor or carb in anyway if im good then tell me one more time cause im scared its my only running bike right now!!!!!! or just explain to me what jetting a carb does?

lets 👍 to that....

Don't let the carb scare you too much. I reckon "healthy respect" is about all it needs. I bought my 2007 in June 2010. If you had asked me then "would you ever tinker with the carb?" I would have said NFW! Then I stumbled into this website...I spent most of last summer just reading and absorbing. (When not riding of course) Just a month or so ago, I decided to simply try and remove the carb, disassemble, "clean it" (I found it to be spotless so I didn't have to clean much), then re-assemble it. That was my "test run" so to speak. While I was at it, I shimmed my stock needle with two tiny washers, and then I drilled the A/F screw and replaced it with an extended screw from Kientech.

The hardest part of all that was extracting the stock phillips screws. I ended up having to extract them with easy outs. Knowing that, I would advise anyone to make sure you have spare screws on hand BEFORE you attempt to remove the stock ones. Most riders are swapping in allen cap stainless, including me. The whole job took me about 1-2 hours but it was my first carb, and I TOOK MY TIME.

Fast Forward to "two days ago". I got brave and decided to clip a few coils off my slide spring. I did this without removing the carb from the bike. Took me 20 minutes. No biggie.

Make sure you read the "BST Bible" thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347184

So...what are you waiting for? :busted: If you've adjusted a needle before then you're more experienced than I was... "Why Jet"?? Well, that's up to you and your wants/needs. If you change your exhaust to a more flow-thru design, then you likely create a lean condition, so would need to make some adjustments in the carb. There's a ton of good info in the FAQ section...check it out...

Good Luck!:smashpc:

Sorry for the massive response:busted:

Kev