Sign in to follow this  

xr250r cylinder head gasket problem !!!

I have a 2001 xr250 and it's always burning the cylinder head gasket ! And this is my 4th gasket and it's start leaking yesterday . When I replace the gasket it runs about 3 to 4 days and it start leaking . Need help please !!!

Are the dowel pins installed correctly? Meaning: are they seated all the way? Are you using the correct length head bolts? Are the threads in the cylinder still in good shape? Not stripped or blocked by something?

All the thing's you'r saying are oki but I didn't tested the bolt's length yet . But I don't think that the problem is from the bolt's I think it's from the cheap gasket . I want a one sheet gasket not like the orginal 3 sheet's .

If it continually does it then the head is possibly warped..Take it and the other part it matches to..(the cylinder I assume) to a machine shop and get them to check both for level..ie ..get them blued if that's the way they do it..

I take the head and cylinder to machine shop. And he test it and said it's oki and I told hem the problem and said the problem may be from the gasket or the bolt's .

back with bad new's my engine blow's up and now need new valve's and piston and and the head need a lot of work !!! need new valve seat's and one guide and little bet of welding . that mean's it need's a whole rebulid !!! and the head must take it to machine shop to do the seat's and every thing ,,, thanx for the tip's guys.

back with bad new's my engine blow's up and now need new valve's and piston and and the head need a lot of work !!! need new valve seat's and one guide and little bet of welding . that mean's it need's a whole rebulid !!! and the head must take it to machine shop to do the seat's and every thing ,,, thanx for the tip's guys.

Have look at www.atvunlimited.com or the engine parts, they do good prices.

more than likely you are running super lean. inspect the air intake boot.