Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne,Sidi or Alpinestar?

I'm looking for a really comfortable boot that protects well.The three companies I listed I'm looking at there highest quality boots so,the Tech 10,SG12 and the Sidi Crossfire.Which one would come out as the best.I heard that the SG12 has the best ankle movement and best comfort,the Crossfire has it's really slim toebox and the Tech 10 well,I don't know much about. Many thanks -Zach

The buckles can be a pain to adjust on the sidis but after you get them adjusted they work fine

You can narrow it down to two, the Gaerne SG-12 and Sidi Crossfire are in a league of their own. I have worn both and they both provide the best in protection. The Sidi has a narrower toe box, weighs a bit less and keeps dirt out better. The SG-12 comes in very cool color combinations and has shin protection that you could hit with a baseball bat and not feel and are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

Try them all on and get the one that feels the best.

Gaerne SG12's by far best boot ive ever worn and owned! tech 10s are also a great boot but my friends also really hate the buckles. My friends dad said he loves his Crossfires but says they are Really narrow!

I'm tore between the Gaerne SG-12 and the SIDI Crossfire RSR or SRS which ever one it is.

I like the rubber sole a lot better then the traditional one which are only offered on the Gaerne boots.

My tech 3's are about to bite the dust.

I have 2 friends that use the A* tech10 and they both need a small hammer to get the buckles open and closed. btw. Im currently using SG-10 and they are getting somewhat worn at 300 hours and many hard crashes... Will be getting SG-12 next i think.

I have one pair of Tech 10 and one pair of SG12. I prefer the T10 before the SG12. But they are both really good boots. But yes, the buckles on the T10 is just...stupid.

I got my Sidi's at the local Honda dealer with a 10% off discount card. Not much of a discount but since you don't see Sidi's on sale at any of the popular websites that made the discount card worth something. It made a really good price and I could try them on. I got the Sidi that doesn't have the replaceable soles but is a bit narrower. If I remember the SRS was the replaceable sole version, I got what I think is called the TA version. I never tried any other mc boot, but knew they were one of the highly rated boots with pivoting ankles and I knew that is what I needed. Worked out great so far.

My experience thus far is that A stars have terrible buckles, Sidi's are cute and have great buckles, but have very little in the way of padding. I have SG 12's now and they are pretty comfortable and very protective.

I say if possible go to a store and try them on and see what you like best. They will feel better after broken in.

you forgot to mention that the sg10's will get you laid.

I have not tried the Sidi Crossfires. I had a pair of Astar Tech 10 and they sucked from word go. First I needed a size larger than my shoe size. Hate the booties and the pairful torsion bars. Can't buckle the top buckle without forceably hitting it with something. Wore a hole in the side where it rubs the frame.

Just bought a pair of SG12s and they are spot on with my shoe size, very comforable. The buckles buckle and adjust easily. I have yet to ride with them.