Sign in to follow this  

GPR v4 stabilizer for YZ250 02-04? Can it be done?

GPR doesn't list anything. Is there a triple clamp to buy? Has anyone done it or is there no option for these years?

I have one on my 03 yz250. I use to run it on my yz450 before that. Ive had real good luck with the v4. I used fastway damper mount that I tapped holes into for the v4.

If I have time Ill take a pic. I run the new ohlins 2.1 on my 05 250 and love it.

I run one on my 05, which came stock with a solid upper triple. I have an applied upper triple on mine, originally for the adjustable mounts, but then tossed a V4 below the bar mount on and everything works perfectly.

Granted it could be that GPR only makes one for the pro taper/applied/etc. top triples, but I'm under the impression they have a mount for the older top triples as well.

Call their support line, and talk to Randy. He knew the in's and out's of the model changes and helped me a TON!

Cool, ill just call down there. I'm pretty positive it has to do with the stock yz top clamp that has integrated bar mounts. But I was thinking there was an option for a flush triple clamp so the GPR bracket could sit down on flush with. But the holes would still need to line up. Ill just call gpr. Thanks folks!!