Sign in to follow this  

1999 KTM 380 EXC Keinin carb question.

I have the carb off of my bike and am wondering if the pick up tube labeled 85 that seems to be part of the choke/idle circuit, is Removable? I have cleaned ever other part of the carb like crazy and it still wont idle and is bogging . It will pretty much run on the main jet only . So to be clear , there is a main jet, pilot jet and then this pick up tube that seems to be a press fit. I think that circut is clogged somewhere along the way. When i blow through it with the choke off and hold my finger over the hole in the top of the bowl it is closed , shouldnt there be air coming out of the little hole in the throat of the carb from this tube . Please help?

No it is not removable, it is called the starter jet, it supply's fuel to the starting circuit when the choke knob is lifted. With the choke pulled up or removed, you can blow air through the starter jet, it should come out the large hole that passes through the well the choke plunger resides in. The little holes in the bottom of the carb are part of the pilot circuit, air blown into the well the pilot jet resides in should come out of the two tiny holes in the floor of the carb along with the hole the tip of the air screw resides in. The starter circuit provides additional fuel for cold starts, the pilot circuit supplys the fuel required for warm engine idle.