Sign in to follow this  

2004 crf150f rebuild pics!

hi guys i recently decided to rebuild my good old 150f it was used as my play bike/and for freinds to ride. so far i have torn apart the entire bike rebuilt the carb and repacked the pro circuit pipe. new tires new gold did chain fat bars with pro taper risers asv levers bbr rev box and alot more. i ordered new plastics and want to decide on what graffix and what big bore kit to install? i am not using this as my main bike this is a play bike for me im a big guy this is my size mini.

i will post more pics as i go tonight i install my new chain

crf150fhandlebars.jpg

crf150frebuild.jpg

who makes a 196 kit? and how much does it cost mine is a 2004. i just installed a new did gold non-oring chain will post pictures of that on monday along with the rest of the bike im going to post new plastics and a running video

who makes a 196 kit? and how much does it cost mine is a 2004. i just installed a new did gold non-oring chain will post pictures of that on monday along with the rest of the bike im going to post new plastics and a running video

I think CoeShow does. 2004 CRF150F can be brought all the way up to 250cc. Someone on here right now is in the process of getting a stroke kit which will make it to 280cc IIRC.

I think CoeShow does. 2004 CRF150F can be brought all the way up to 250cc. Someone on here right now is in the process of getting a stroke kit which will make it to 280cc IIRC.

How does that work when the biggest bore kit for the 230 is 249cc?

I'm guessing it's one of 2 reasons: 1) an interesting engineering difference or 2) demand.

How does that work when the biggest bore kit for the 230 is 249cc?

I'm guessing it's one of 2 reasons: 1) an interesting engineering difference or 2) demand.

The 1st gen 150 and 230 engines are pretty much the same. Just different bore and stroke. You can build a 150 to 223cc by using 230 OEM components.

Wait... then why can't ya put a kickstart setup on an '03-'05 230? I've always wanted a kickstart 230 motor in my 150F. Are you saying that you can simply use the early 230 crank and top end in an early 150? Would it be too much strain on the kickstart gears kicking the 230 over? You have me thinking now! How much more horsepower would the 230 top end put out in comparison to the 150? --L*64

Wait... then why can't ya put a kickstart setup on an '03-'05 230? I've always wanted a kickstart 230 motor in my 150F. Are you saying that you can simply use the early 230 crank and top end in an early 150? Would it be too much strain on the kickstart gears kicking the 230 over? You have me thinking now! How much more horsepower would the 230 top end put out in comparison to the 150? --L*64

No kickstart for a 230 unless it's a 5 speed. Only the 5 speed can have a kickstart. But people have done exactly this - use a 150 trans and a 230 top end to have a 230 with a kickstart and a 5 speed. Contact user CoeShow. He knows all about this and does it for people!

*EDIT*

As far as I've heard: Any year 230 crank and top end can be plopped onto an '03-'05 kickstart 150. The electric start 150s are of a completely different design though.

HMMMmmm. I may just have to toss a 230 crank and top end on my '04 150F. I'm wondering what a joy it would be to start as a 230? Prolly need the Coeshow kickstart gears too. --L*64

270.. Mike will have the head finished next week... will in the bike within the month..

HMMMmmm. I may just have to toss a 230 crank and top end on my '04 150F. I'm wondering what a joy it would be to start as a 230? Prolly need the Coeshow kickstart gears too. --L*64

I believe so.

someone told me that the 2003-2005 top end off a 230 will bolt onto my 2004 150f. is that right?

are there any companies (like athena?) that make stock or big bore cylinders for the 230? therefore they would bolt directly onto the 03-05 150f

are there any companies (like athena?) that make stock or big bore cylinders for the 230? therefore they would bolt directly onto the 03-05 150f

No, not really. OEM 230 parts would be the easiest way to bore and stroke your 150f.

after a long night i got it together! i also modded the carb with taking off the choke it runs alot nicer now revs harder.

6-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

new carb lines

5-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

one of my helpers pickels

2-2.jpg

this is what the carb looks like after the rbuild new lines and the choke removed!

i will go out for a ride this weekend and give the report it runs alot nicer without the choke and revs alot harder in the higher rpm. i am very happy with it so far.