Sign in to follow this  

vavles oh yea

hey guys i got a problem the intake valve closest to u when your on the right side of the bike i cant fit any feeler gauge in there the spec (0.0039-0.0059 in). i cant fit a .0015 in WHY. the bike runs fine. the bike sometime trouble starting like 15 kicks and shes running i have to rev it until it warms up then it idles if i dont. it just slowly loses rpm and dies. do i need a new valve? the bike got about 15hr i would say on it with new valve i don't get it? or that what the seller said and i know the guy so i don't think hes lieing please anything is helpful

its an 06 yz250f

If they are new valves, and the previous owner had the seats cut before installing the new valves, then there's a good chance it just wasn't shimmed properly to begin with. Check the spec's on all the valves and shim them to within the range. Check the clearance every oil change for a few oil changes to see if it moves again, if it doesn't your good to go.

im racing it so its easy to have them right there i have a race this weekend i swear if it dont get here in time ill be pissed

the valve streched so i need to replace it witch sucks but found a place to get brand new single valve kit for 60 buck and thats new seal spring oem valve and everything so im pumped

The valves don't stretch, the wear into the head. Either the valve wears, or the seat wears. What makes you think the valve is bad?

If you do replace the valve, remember you need to get the seat professionally cut, you can't lap titanium valves.

The valves don't stretch, the wear into the head. Either the valve wears, or the seat wears. What makes you think the valve is bad?

If you do replace the valve, remember you need to get the seat professionally cut, you can't lap titanium valves.

"If you do replace the valve, remember you need to get the seat professionally cut, you can't lap titanium valves".

hey so i just found out not all the valves r new the seller lied so im replacing all my intake valves cause he never replace then so the valve is worn hwo much do that cost?