Sign in to follow this  

C class rider opinions of the 350SX-F

I'm 51 years old and ride the C class MX on a 2010 RM-Z 450. I'm in the mood for a new bike after riding a friends RM-Z 250. It felt light and under-powered in a good way. I rely on the power of the 450 for some jumps but I never really turn the throttle past half way unless its a long straight. I'm wondering if a 350 would fit the bill for me. I don't mind reving a bike out, but not a 450. Sometimes its a real handful. I know you A and B riders don't have a problem on the 350 because you carry speed through the turns but how is the bike for us slower guys?

Sounds like a good fit for you. I'm thinking about a 350 myself. I love riding the 250F's but could and would like some more power without paying another $3000 plus for mods. I don't like riding the 450's. They are not fun for me, and I just feel like I'm along for the ride and not riding the bike.

I was wondering if you or Ed would get here! Let me know next time you go to RH and you can try mine. Or you can swing up for a local ride.

Anyway. You will absolutely love this bike. Especially at the end of the moto when you still have it pinned. I have MX-Tech susp mods and a Rekluse EXP/agreesive map switch and 1 tooth up on the back. I can hang and beat 450s all day.

I saw that you were pondering a new CRF....don't do it.....and if you do DO NOT ride a 350 afterward! Good luck Mike:ride:

Thanks for the offer Mike, I would love to try one out. I haven't been to RH at all this year, Ed wanted me to go today. Let me know the next time you go and I'll see if I can make it.

Mike

Sounds good. Funny, I have seen you guys a lot on the forums and I even spotted Ed once at Southwick but I felt funny saying "Hi I'm from TT" but it is cool to hook up with people who are passionate about MX like I am.

Let me know next time you go and I will do the same. Also there is an all day ride going on at Southwick if you and Ed are interested. I know the organizer and will be able to hook you up. Its steep at $100 but you get to ride the track all day long. You really have to be in shape to get your moneys worth but there is no other way to get an entire day to practice Southwick.

:smashpc:

I herd about that southwick ride but I'm away that weekend, it's alright though because I hate the sand.

Sounds good. Funny, I have seen you guys a lot on the forums and I even spotted Ed once at Southwick but I felt funny saying "Hi I'm from TT" but it is cool to hook up with people who are passionate about MX like I am.

Let me know next time you go and I will do the same. Also there is an all day ride going on at Southwick if you and Ed are interested. I know the organizer and will be able to hook you up. Its steep at $100 but you get to ride the track all day long. You really have to be in shape to get your moneys worth but there is no other way to get an entire day to practice Southwick.

👍

He won't need to try yours, he'll have one by next weekend.............. Thats my brother.:smashpc:

I was in the same boat I don't like riding big heavy 450s. I have always rode 250s but was getting smoked in the vet classes. I bought a 350 and just ride it like I did my 250 up on the pipe and its great. Put the mapping plugs in it and am going to get the 2012 mapping and change the rear sprocket and it'll be perfect. Great bike though way more fun than riding a 450.

I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow, only problem is that it's 450 miles away. Any reputable shippers out there?

:smashpc: U gotta be kidding me, the seat isn't even broken in on the last bike you got!

Buy the EXC350 and you get a street plate for enduros & DS rides with a bigger flywheel which I think you would like.

At the rate you burn thru bikes you will probably own one within a year, you've had at least one of everything else! :smashpc: