Sign in to follow this  

Electrical "screaching" noise

Tell me,

I have been doing some grass track recently, last two times its been pretty wet & I have been lugging the engine on the flat corners, sometimes, exiting the corner (under 1/2 throttle) as the engine is building revs I hear, all I can describe as "an electrical screaching noise" I guess its something to do with the TPS but dont know?

anybody else experience this?

I Really don't think its a mechanical noise, & It only happens under low rev's - high load - 1/2 open throttle while riding 1 gear high. and not every lap I may add...

+ I don't think Id be that lucky for it to semi-sieze 10-15 times last two times I was out on it..... It would definatly have went pop!!

Pretty hard to hear something when the engine runs at half throttle.

Someone else holding the throttle frees your hands and wiht a screwdriver you could hear where the noise comes from if it is mechanical.

I hear some squeaking noises too but that is my dry chain :smashpc:

So you said it's been really WET lately I'm gonna say you got water in the float bowl especially since you orginally said it only happens somtimes - The TPS if it even went out and stopped working would not do what your vaguely describing and then coming back with oh it must be gremlins reply! :smashpc:

GO and actually clean the carb and air filter maybe even throw in a n spark plug and clean off your electrical connections and maybe even pull the flywheel cover and check for water build up there.