Sign in to follow this  

need a 06 rmz 250 trail bike

i was riding tight trails yesterday on my 06 rm-z250and 2nd was to hi (to much wheel spin to get to the top of the hills) and third was to low stalling a lot at the top of the hills. then it really sucks to start. i was constantly shifting from 1st to 3rd to find the right gear. how would i set this up for a great woods bike. I will have the bike totally gone over in November i was thinking shocks reworked for trail riding. also will a flywheel weight allow me to run in 3rd more with out the stalling problems and constant shifting. i have bark busters,skid plate and rad guards i know the rmz is not a great trails bike but i picked this bike up for $1,000 with 49 easy hours on it. and 3 hrs. on piston rings the valves were good at that time. a deal i could not refuse. now i put 30 hr. on it. still starts the same. when i shut it down starts easy. when i flame it out at the top of a hill it is a pain in butt! i think that is a 4 stroke thing. or should i sell and buy something else. money is a issue if i sell i can only use the money i get from the sale and probably another 5 or 600$ to get the bike where i need it to be. which is what i have to trail ready this bike. please any thoughts 053.jpg

The first thing to (try because it's cheep) is drop the front sprocket down 1 tooth. I'll bet that will do what you want... Another is you'll need to slow down (ride in 2nd) or hit the hill faster in 3rd. May need to use the clutch at the top.... There is no reason that RMZ shouldn't climb....

Take a look at my 08 in my garage all I ride alot of woods and far share of mountain riding and I got my bike pretty dialed in. My stock gearing is 12 in the front sprocket and that what I use. Stock in the back to 50 or 49 I don't remember