Sign in to follow this  

cr125 rear tire

i went on a ride and my rear tire seems to have taken it up the crapper pretty bad on my CR! i could ride this tire more but am hoping to find a new one to throw on soon. whats your opinions on the dunlop mx51? any other "affordble" ideas?? im 15 and pay for everything for my bikes so cost is a pretty big factor and longevity too. thanks!

If you want an affordable and long lasting tire, that has excellent grip on medium-soft to hard dirt, use a Pirelli eXTRa.

i can get a dunlop geomax m51 for 45 bucks but its in the 70/100-19 size..what would be the disadvantages to this tire? i think i might go this route because my neighbor runs these tires and his hold up on his KTM 505 and sons KTM 400 just fine where we ride. i love being able to have just as much fun and keep up on my 800+lots of cleaning bike while they ride there fancy KTM's that break down:p

Bridgestone 404 is on the same line as an MX51, and costs a few $$ less. Comparable wear, and grip.

Bridgestone.. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&navType=type&webTypeId=139&prodFamilyId=19360&listingId=&sizeAttr=876 .. $63.99

Dunlop.......http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&navType=type&webTypeId=139&prodFamilyId=24378&listingId=&sizeAttr=876 .. $74.99

Maxxis ITs are cheaper yet, and wear like iron, but I've found them to not have the grip of either the Dunlop or B-stone.

just noticed those were front tires as mentioned above, this cold medicine makes me crazy.

whats the best place for the maxxis IT's? i do mostly trails and hill climbs but am gonna do some track stuff soon. also some sand but i usually use the quad for that.

I just went through the tire department at Chaparral looking for an affordable tire and with some help found the Kenda Track Master. It was normally priced at $50 and after four rides still looks pretty good which is surprising because the knobs feel soft. It is a very light tire also and came in over two pounds lighter than the other cheap tire I took off of my CR125. Tread pattern looks decent too but it mounts up a little more rounded than some of the Dunlops I am used to...

ohh there it is haha. but its a dual sport tire? right? or that might be only the track master II

That's not a dual sport tire....do you want one?

i know you dont have the money to buy another wheel, but i run a trials tire for play riding just because of how durable it is. They hook up well in all conditions and last for ever. If i was not racing i woud run it all the time.

looks like i'll be picking up a couple maxxis IT's and a dunlop 952. guy near me wants 20-25 bucks a piece mounted on my own rim :thumbsup:thanks for the help guys! maybe the kenda will be afterwards, they held up somewhat on my MTB.