Sign in to follow this  

2007 Crf250r Wont Start

My 07 Crf250r wont start. The bike has been completly rebuilt bottom and top end. It has a new crank, new rings, new valves and seats. Everything is in spec. Valve clearence is good, timing is correct, compression is good, the spark plug has spark, its getting gas, carb and jets are clean. I can get the bike started after kicking it for 5 minutes and praying that it will start, i have to give it a little bit of throttle to get it started too. But then it quickly dies and cant get it started again. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know

have you double checked the the timing - make sure the crank was tdc & cam lined up ok??

i'm no expert - just a thought

Yes timing is good. I even took the bike into a shop and had them check it out they couldnt find anything wrong wrong with it. Even had the cam itself checked to see if mabey the cam gear spun but it was correct as well

Maybe your cam is 180 off. Also unplug the tps

Ray don't believe what you read on some of these posts. It's impossible for these engines to be off 180 degrees. I've read it myself many times.

Ray don't believe what you read on some of these posts. It's impossible for these engines to be off 180 degrees. I've read it myself many times.

Ehhh idk I was just saying random things

this is odd. Usually bad valves is the cause of starting problems. new valves and a new piston fixed my starting problem.