Sign in to follow this  

2012 CRF450 or 2012 RMZ450

Im about 5'10 170 lbs. I race the expert class and have my pro license. I currently have a yz 250 and a 09 crf 450. I am selling both and going with either the new honda or a suzuki 450 too. just need some help I love my honda, but i also really like the rmz. Just looking for other opinions.

I've always been a fan of RMZs. Owned three of them the past 3 years and have not an issue with all of them with 100 hrs of use on each one.

They turn and handle very well. Also it's something different (because there is alot of red on the track.)

I agree with rmzrider. If I was in the market for a new 450, the rmz would be my choice.

That's really hard for me to say being a Honda guy...:smashpc:

The crf has felt like a cr80 since its redesign in '09.

yellow or red

flip a coin or go with the best deal...or go with the closest dealer with the best service...you cant go wrong with either bike:thumbsup:

I own a 2011 rmz450 and LOVE it, but like what everyone is saying... pick your favorite color. They are both AWESOME you will be pumped on either bike. IMO go yellow. It handles soooooo good and I have had zero problems and I came off a 2007 crf 450 and I ride so much better now just because of the bike.

Here is my review on my 2011

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-988547.html

If I had your pedigree, I would be looking at the contingency for each Mfg................

thats a good point. ill have to see whats better for 2012 but from what i do know they both suck with honda being the worst for contingency. I am leaning towards the suzuki right now though

I was reading the RMZ has the most power stock. Personally out of the big 5, my 2 choices would be honda or suzuki, Motor mods would be more expensive, (2 cams) I saw a suzuki with black rims and yellow spokes, pretty irrelevant, but suzukis are pretty sexy. the honda was the steering damper too, idk man just get one, be glad you are able to be on a new bike

I'm having the same problem you are. I thinkI'm going to go with the banana. Heard nothing but great about both but that is what my gut is telling me.

Let me know when you ready well go pick up two of them im ready for a rmz 450. You, Bobby and I will start a new milford trend lol.

haha sounds good. im selling everything i have right now and im feeling the suzuki maybe we can get a deal if the 3 of us go together haha

im in the same boat i loe my suzukis but its time for a new 450 and really thinkin about switching to honda.

the biggest pros about the honda for me are: lightest in the class,slimmest model,steering dampner,most usable power,new linkage,no more stink bug feel

suzuki: of course the cornering,ergos,feels light (althought the heaviest in the class),also a slim bike but not as slim as the crf,ery good power,comes with a leaner plug

both bikes are awesome and cant decide :smashpc:

For me. The honda motor for me is slow, i like it to have more. The suzuki has more and might need less work to get what i want. The steering dampner to me is not a big deal, i dont feel a big benefit with it so i dont mind if i have it or not. And ive always been a fan of showa more then kayaba. The only thing im worried about is the bike being heavier. But the bike seems to hide its weight very well as the suzuki is the best handling 450 out there. If the bike turns at least as good as the honda then I think im going to give the suzuki a try.

youll never notice the weight on the rmz. maybe only when your putting it on the stand after riding lol, feels as light as my 250 on the track

well i rode 3 different rmz's the other day. An 08, 09 and 10, And i made my mind. i loved all 3 of them, i want nothing else but the rmz 450

• Like 1

sorry i rode 2 different 2012 kawi 450s and it just did not fit me good. i know its a good bike i just did not like it nearly as much as honda or suzuki. the suzuki might be the best bike ive ever been on.