My "new" style

Spent the last few weekends working on style and body positioning, and it payed off, big difference from before, but still, not there just yet. Here are pics from the most recent weekend, let me know what you guys think and what to work on.

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

Edited by PitBikeNoob

• Experts

It's hard to tell from sure from the still photos. Video would be a lot better but from what I can tell your body position looks pretty good. Did you know I have a new Motocross Technique DVD out called Body Positions and Movements? You can see a free preview, order online or download the entire DVD from; http://wp.gsmxs.com/dvd-1-body-positions-and-movements/

Quail Canyon MX Track.. :smashpc: Been there these past couple weekends as well.

Looks like you're hitting the flat section on the step up and you're getting good air on the final table top, clearing the entire table. ?

Cant offer any feedback as im a track newb but im far too familiar with the 'double/tripple' in the last corner just before the table top. I cased it twice hesitating on the approach.

Not to thread jack, but heres a couple shots of mine from these past couple weekends (my second time on a track). You can see how much further your landing on the table compared to my pics.

Hopefully ill bump into you out there

Track5.jpg

Track1.jpg

Track2.jpg

Track3.jpg

Track4.jpg

For sure looking more in control, though you didn't post any pix of you in a corner, thats where elbows up and having the right body position is even more critical, I'd like to see some pix of that.

Keep up the good work!

Also, body position needs to be ingrained into your subconscious, so it takes a while to get it there and re create it on a daily basis. You already know what you need to do, all you gotta do is spend 10 minutes watching Ryan Dungy. LOL :smashpc:

Looks pretty decent but it also looks like you're doing what I still do, landing rear tire first. I've been trying to get more used to flying more nose down but it is tough getting used to...especially when I go and race a desert scramble in between track days, throwing everything off.

hey pitbike if you want some video i've got a helmet cam and will be there tues and thursday....

Andrew are you riding either day?

Na, earliest I can ride is saturday (if I don't work) then next week after that. Got a new topend for my bike that comes on thursday. Probably gonna stick to trails though because I have the Socal National H&H on the 9th ?. PM me if you want to ride weekdays next week or so...:smashpc:

Oh, By the way, did the Carpinteria Triathlon this past weekend.....2 things:

1. I've found yet another addiction

2. I was sore the next day but not nearly as sore as I am after an 80+ mile desert race :busted:

Na, earliest I can ride is saturday (if I don't work) then next week after that. Got a new topend for my bike that comes on thursday. Probably gonna stick to trails though because I have the Socal National H&H on the 9th :busted:. PM me if you want to ride weekdays next week or so...:smashpc:

Oh, By the way, did the Carpinteria Triathlon this past weekend.....2 things:

1. I've found yet another addiction

2. I was sore the next day but not nearly as sore as I am after an 80+ mile desert race?

oh yah? got a mtn bike? ?