Sign in to follow this  

Bore an SP200, what options?

I just picked up an sp200, got it running, but it seems to have low compression judging by kicking and hard starting. so i was looking in to piston upgrades with 230 quads but its a lot bigger round than the 200, so what about cylinder swap with a 230 0r 250. i've looked all over tt and the internet with very little feed back and i know that the dr200 is like a cousin of the sp so that's why i am here.

so what are the options for my new top end? rebore with stock suzuki parts, new jug?

i need other parts as well, so if you9 have some give me a call, 610-256-1638

josh

Can't remember how to initiate a thread on the DR650 swap meet. No button saying "post new thread"

Have stock seat from an '03 DR650 good shape (no brackets) boxed & ready to ship, $60 East of Mississippi, $65.00 West, shipping included.

Thanks,

NOS thump

Can't remember how to initiate a thread on the DR650 swap meet. No button saying "post new thread"

Have stock seat from an '03 DR650 good shape (no brackets) boxed & ready to ship, $60 East of Mississippi, $65.00 West, shipping included.

Thanks,

NOS thump

High left, right above threads in forum or someting the new thread icon lives:thumbsup:

so many people looking but not a lot of feedback. i need to order stuff from tt store whiukle my coupon is still good

Well sure, people are curious but nobody around here knows much about the SP200. It's been about 25 years since Suzuki stopped selling them. There are lots more folks with knowledge about these over in the DRZ125 forum. But even so, it's an old bike and most current riders have never even seen a live one.

Many engine parts for DR200s and LT230s will swap over. It will take some research to learn what will and won't work.

As far as going big bore there isn't much room in this motor to do that. The engine design started out as a 125 and has been reconfigured by Suzuki as a 100, 160, 200 and 230 in both motorcycles and ATVs. I can't tell you if the 230 piston will swap directly into the SP or not.

ok thats some feedback. it looks like a 230 piston is a little tight for the jug. i think i am going to have to go with an oversize suzuki piston, i just have to pull the head and look at the piston to make sure its a stock one. the oversized will have a .50 on it right?

i will start looking for a header from a 230 quad and a cam. looks to be a good upgrade and mine are in terrible shape.