Sign in to follow this  

New '02 CR125

Just bought my first dirt bike a few days ago. (Been riding sport ATV's for about 15 years. I also have a 1986 TRX250R and a 2008 TRX450R.)

It's a 2002 CR125. Bought it cheap because it had a seized piston from running straight gas and the motor was in pieces. Surprisingly the cylinder survived and all I had to do was give it a quick hone and a new piston and ring. Nikasil must be some tough stuff. It also had some major air leaks. Previous owner pried the whole motor apart with a screwdriver. Would only hold 6 PSI for about 2 or 3 seconds...!:smashpc: Half a tube of Three Bond later she holds tight... LOL

2011-09-21212710.jpg

2011-09-23175232.jpg

Still running strong! Put some new fenders on it, new fork seals and oil, and some new shoes.

2011-10-28132530.jpg

If you don't mind me asking how cheap is cheap. But the bike looks great, how do you like bikes to quads.

If you don't mind me asking how cheap is cheap. But the bike looks great, how do you like bikes to quads.

$300. They guy I bought it from was drunk when I went to look at it and thought the bike was good for nothing except parts. He didn't know anything about the engine. When I gave him the money for the bike, he went straight to the liquor store for more beer. 😏 Sucks for him, but it was a great deal for me. The bike still had the stock tires on it and the front one still had the nipples and painted lines. And it's a whole different world on 2 wheels... takes a lot of getting used to. It's fun to switch back and forth though.

route the brake cable properly. jesh

Ahh. I see now. LOL my bad. It is my first 2 wheeler!

Damn I never find a deal like that. I have $400 for a project bike that I want to fix up, I cant find anything only a 2005 RM85 but I want a full size bike.

Damn I never find a deal like that. I have $400 for a project bike that I want to fix up, I cant find anything only a 2005 RM85 but I want a full size bike.

I hear ya. I was browsing Craigslist for over a year and never found any good deals til this thing popped up one morning. I thought it was going to be too good to be true until I actually saw it with my own eyes.