Sign in to follow this  

The TE250 has redeemed its self!

Raced my 2010 TE250 a few weeks ago and was totally unimpressed with the power (or lack of it) so did some searching on this forum and took some tips, removed the baffle from the rear silencer which looked very restrictive and also went down to 12t front sprocket (bike is already uncorked), wow what a difference, like a proper enduro tool now and rips through all the gears like it should. I was going to get rid of it if it made no difference in yesterdays 2 1/2 hour enduro but it's for keeps now, handles a dream. Slight bog (very slight) off low revs but will get a JD 6X which everyone raves about to cure that.

Best part of all was only cost £8 for a sprocket to make a night and day difference!

Very nice! I think I recall your posts on it's lac of juice. Nice to know its sastifying now. I think ive just gotten lucky again with my 11 250 cause I have no bog or hesitation off the bottom. It's not powerfull off the bottom but goes. I'm learning when i ride a gear high on ST to just bump the clutch lever coming out of a corner if im coming into a longer straight and it'll go from nearly stalling in 3rd to lifting the front wheel. I'm not big into the clutching though so I'll have to ponder the 12T sprocket- thanks. I imagine you'll get another big improvement after matching your exhaust mod with proper fueling!

The 12t sprocket is worth a go. I saw lots of posts suggesting this and they are not under stating the difference, no clutching now and will still hit 70 on the straights. I thought opening the exhaust would lose some bottom end but a long with the gearing change it's transformed the bike.

i assume by 70 on the straights you are talking 70 kmh? or you have a small rear sprocket on. i am geared 12/51, and no way i can go 70 mph!!

i assume by 70 on the straights you are talking 70 kmh? or you have a small rear sprocket on. i am geared 12/51, and no way i can go 70 mph!!

I'm geared 12/50 and saw 72mph on the clock on the longest stretch on last Sundays enduro, wasn't a one off, it was roughly that speed on each of the 15 laps I did. I will add it was screaming it's nuts off but did't find the limiter if it has one?

Trevor.