Sign in to follow this  

what bars are best???

im in the market for a new set of bars for my WR, i would like to know what you guys recon are the best on the market?? price not an issue :smashpc::D

I have always liked the Renthal handlebars.

Had them on my honda now have a set of Renthal FatBars on my ktm 250sx

I had to install a 5mm bar riser kit they were just to low in stock clamps.

It depends on how tall you are, your riding style, etc. etc.. I'm right on the tall side (6'0") and I just ordered up a set of CRF150 Mini tall bars. I guess we'll see if I like them when they finally get here. Maniac

It depends on how tall you are, your riding style, etc. etc.. I'm right on the tall side (6'0") and I just ordered up a set of CRF150 Mini tall bars. I guess we'll see if I like them when they finally get here. Maniac

im 6'3" an im very happy with the stock bar bend and height of my WR

im in the market for a new set of bars for my WR, i would like to know what you guys recon are the best on the market?? price not an issue :smashpc::D

I've had good experience with Renthal 7/8", twinwalls and Pro Taper Evo; it's personal preference, really. Pick the bend that's most comfortable for you.

What bike is the best? It's all about personal preference. I've had issues with my wrists so I have swapped out bars for something flatter with less bend. If you go with a brand name you won't go wrong. I run ProTaper on my Supermoto bike and Renthal on my KX450F and don't have a complaint about either. Good luck!

i've been using protapers since they came out.because of there flex they don't fatigue you're upper body as much as regular bars.

I'v had the same pair of pro tapers from 2003 and they have been slammed pretty hard a few times so hard that the forks twisted in the tripple clamps and bent the bolt for the bar clamp.

After bending a bunch of cheap 7/8" bars @$20 per, I found some MSR motion bars under $40. ( the conversion blocks to 1 1/8 were bought seperately) It included the pad, grips, doughnuts, and safety wire. I have tumbled the crap out of that bike and not bent them.

other than twinwalls being strong do they flex at all? do they have a distinctive feel?

They are very stiff bars, not much flex going on. They also hold up great after dumping the bike.