Sign in to follow this  

Any DRZ's in San Antonio want to ride?

Not sure if there are a lot of street legal and/or DRZ SM guys here who live in San Antonio, but we're trying to get more people to come ride with us. So far we've gathered a few SM DRZ's, and some others on Aprillia's, KTM's, and Husky's.

Here's a vid of a few of us riding some trails last week. We plan to meet up this Wednesday. Also, a link to the SA thread on SMJ.

http://youtu.be/OPMBmfqMGjw

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?105580-San-Antonio-ride-tonight!/page5

might help if you put a time and place, I am waiting on a new rear tire that won't be here until Thursday because my IRC is too worn although it still has plenty of tread to ride, won't pass inspection

but otherwise I am in

my DRZ is setup for adventure travel...let's go riding!

wow...watched the video...looks like 1604/hwy 90 area, I live out near Seguin, always looking for riding buddies, ain't none around here

Edited by motobobintexas

2002 DRZ400S, near SAT airport

I might join you all. Depends on time place and distance.

I am not opposed to stretching current laws, but there is a line a prefer not to cross. It reminds me of the joke about two guys trying to out run a hungry grizzly bear. When all that is necessary is outrunning your friend. I think you young *****ers would leave me to the bear.

Those type of videos always make me want to duck and weave. My wife says I look funny when watching. My hands seem to flinch when a tree is about to smash them.

Hey Motobob, I would like to share some ideas regarding the installation of the 28 liter Safari. Through some trials and errors, I have some suggestions, tricks whatever you want to call them. maybe you have same. I have never been 100% satisfied with the installation of mine.

Right now, i am looking for the right model # for a Pingle petcock. The one that came with the tank is leaking. Just gas Tanks was of little help and the folks in Austarlia have not responded to my questions.

MC

2002 DRZ400S, near SAT airport

I might join you all. Depends on time place and distance.

I am not opposed to stretching current laws, but there is a line a prefer not to cross. It reminds me of the joke about two guys trying to out run a hungry grizzly bear. When all that is necessary is outrunning your friend. I think you young *****ers would leave me to the bear.

Those type of videos always make me want to duck and weave. My wife says I look funny when watching. My hands seem to flinch when a tree is about to smash them.

Hey Motobob, I would like to share some ideas regarding the installation of the 28 liter Safari. Through some trials and errors, I have some suggestions, tricks whatever you want to call them. maybe you have same. I have never been 100% satisfied with the installation of mine.

Right now, i am looking for the right model # for a Pingle petcock. The one that came with the tank is leaking. Just gas Tanks was of little help and the folks in Austarlia have not responded to my questions.

MC

I called Northcoast Motorsports where my tank was shipped from as they didn't send the necessary S model brackets I needed, got them in two days, I have had the tank mounted for about a month and the cheap fuel line started cracking on my ride and dumped about 5 gals of gas, just put some good line and clamps on yesterday...kinda highjacking the thread here...sorry

still...looked at the SMJ website, said Mulligans at 8am or something like that, you still haven't posted the where to meet info...got a bunch of rain out here in Seguin tonight so don't know if a flash flood could be an issue with the ride anyway

PS...I started a pretty good thread with pics on the 28 liter install last month...put in 7.1 gallons last night with still more gas in the tank...WOW!