Sign in to follow this  

KLX450R 2010 Model Jetting

I just bought a new KLX450R 2010 meant for the US market. Problem is that I am located in the tropics at sea level. The bike is stalling and jerking at best when fired up.

Can anyone suggest some jetting sizes for the bike? Main, Pilot and leak? or is there something else that needs to be done.

hi, #50 pilot jet, #150-160 main jet, remove the plug from the fuel mixture screw set fuel screw 2.5-3 turns out,

Do a search for the AIS removal and complete it. It will get rid of most of the detonation, popping, sputtering etc, and it will run A LOT cooler.

There's a kit from XR's Only and Ride Engineering that are fairly inexpensive.

I've seen a lot of posts that suggest drilling the brass cap to gain access to the fuel screw.

No drilling required, just take the float bowl off and tap the back side of the cap with a punch (or small nail). It comes right out.

I'm running without AIS, full KX exhaust, uncorked air snorkle and 170 main. Can't remember, maybe a 55 pilot? Also, my fuel screw is 2.5 turns out.

Runs much better than before, but I may be a tad rich now on the pilot... barely noticed a little bog putting around the yard. Not a big deal, and I really hate taking out/putting in this carb, so I'll probably just live with it.

Jetting really is the ticket with this bike.