Sign in to follow this  

how dose my plug look ?

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af220/matt11_bucket/?action=view&current=IMG_20110925_192455.jpg

bike and current set up

2001 honda cr250r

pro-circuit platinum(1)-304 shorty(freshly packed)

V-force 2 reeds ( new pedals )

NGK BR8eg plug ( 3hours on it)

pump(93)/motul800 @ 32:1

Stock TMX MIK carb

main: 420

Needle: 3rd from top clip ( stock needle and nozzle)

Pilot: 32.5

A/S: 1-1/2 to 2 turns out depending on weather.

everyone thinks im running rich basked on jett size but she runs great, can i get it dialed any closer than it is

Engine is brand new everything... every bearing, new crank rebuilt, wiseco piston 66.4mm carb hoses are new and in good shape

thanks for any help guys ! :smashpc:

did you mean oily? i just wanted to move the needle 1 clip leaner to see what happens would i hurt anything ?

did you mean oily? i just wanted to move the needle 1 clip leaner to see what happens would i hurt anything ?

I doubt you need to lean the bike out much, it looks like either you lug the bike or run a tad too much oil in your premix. Does it drip oil from the exhaust? If not, I would not change a thing.

Clip position only affect from about 1/4 throttle to about 7/8ths throttle.

yea, the batterie in my dial calipers died but it was fine , i set it just like that thread one of you posted, bike runs great still

ok so i adjusted my float hight and it was a little off but not much at all .

as its colder out i put in a 35 pilot and my bike idled like a dream for the first time . also i leaned my needle 1 clip so now its 2nd from the top ( 1 up from stock) bike ran amazing !!! .. question is would leaning the stock needle out 1 clip be to lean once it gets even colder now its about 50-60 when i ride but soon it will be 30-40