Sign in to follow this  

xr/crf 250L

Does anyone know if the frames of the xr/crf250L(street legal) are modifiable or a direct swap possibly for an xr400 motor. Here in Washinton I can't make my xr street legal since I have a "off-road only" vin. Was thinking I could find a street legal frame from a wrecking yard or something and put my stuff in????? Don't know how much trouble it'd be or worth it ,but I'm throwing this out there.

nope. if you want a dual sport, you will have to start with one or modify the frame for the larger motor. Keep in mind that any maintenance will be a nightmare with a smaller frame and larger motor.

Does anyone know if the frames of the xr/crf250L(street legal) are modifiable or a direct swap possibly for an xr400 motor. Here in Washinton I can't make my xr street legal since I have a "off-road only" vin. Was thinking I could find a street legal frame from a wrecking yard or something and put my stuff in????? Don't know how much trouble it'd be or worth it ,but I'm throwing this out there.

You'll be better off going ahead and just buying a dual sport. Sounds like your state is pretty tough like mine. I went around and around with SC, and finally just found a DS. So much easier man.

where have you been the past six months?>?>? 2012 you can plate your bike!!! :smashpc:

they changed the legislation... check the northwest subforum.

where in WA are you?? I have an XR too

"THE WASHINGTON STATE LEGISLATURE HAS PASSED LEGISLATION PERMITTING OFFROAD MOTORCYCLE TO STREET USE CONVERSION

Olympia, Washington – 19 April 2011

The Legislature has passed and the Governor signed SB5800. This bill would allow properly equipped and documented off-road motorcycles to be legally converted to street use."

I don't live there and I know.