Sign in to follow this  

somebody explain HOW TO WHIP???? PLZ

i have wanting to learn how to whip 4 a while but just dont know how to take off and how to bring it back etc........ if somebody could please explain the proper body positioning while taking off the jump and how to bring it back.......ANYTHING HELPS....thanks guys:)

Also, what are the best jumps to try a whip for the first time on? PLEASE REPLY

Step 1: Jump

Step 2: Almost die

Step 3: Don't die

Step 4: Act like you did it on purpose

Just about sums it up!

Before you begin to practice doing the whip find a smooth faced jump with no ruts on the face. The whip can be performed even when there are some small ruts in the face of the jump but it is much easier to do without ruts. Make sure it’s a safe jump (like a tabletop) but has enough hang time to get it sideways and pull it back straight for the landing. Approach the jump at an angle so you can turn the bike off the jump and still hit your intended landing target. As your coming into the jump lean your body (mostly your hips) off the inside of the bike a little. This would be to the side that you are leaning. Just as the bike begins to rebound continue leaning it over and as it starts to rebound let the back end come out to the side. As it leaves the jump you can pull it over more by the handlebars and by leaning more off to the inside or you can straighten it up or let it stay the same. Right after that instant make sure you find the center of balance with your body movement. Then at the top arch of your jump start to reverse the movement that you executed upon takeoff. This will give you enough time to straighten it up for the landing. To get all the detailed info about jumping and whoops visit www.gsmxs.com for free Jumping Technique DVD Previews and to order online.

MC and KW jump whips.jpg

When I first learned how to whip(trust me I'm no Ricky Carmichael) I started off small by just crossing my bars when jumping. While using the same body language I put a lil hip and leg into it to put the bike more sieways when leaving the jump. As you get more comfortable you'll find yourself pitching it more to the side and so on and so on. we all have diffeent riding styles and different learning methods but this worked for me.