Sign in to follow this  

VForce 4 Recall...

I'm not sure if it is an actual recall yet, but the first version of the reed system is apparently flawed. The cage is fit in such a way that the reeds are not being allowed to fully open. The new version I have seen looks like they manufactured a reed spacing into the reed cage. I'm going to check my Vforce4 on my 250sx when I get home. The sticker will have more space on the updated version below. Has anyone else dealt with Moto Tassarani on this issue yet? I plan on having mine replaced soon. My 2012 250sx came in June and probably hasn't had the update yet.

IMG_1976.jpg

Here's a pic of mine.

Do I need to pull it off to check to see if its bad?

ktm_2012_011.jpg

Ron, I took a photo of my own tonight for scale to compare. Looking at your photo and my own it appears that they do not have the extra few mm of plastic after the sticker. At first it looked like a similar thickness, but then I realized it was the boot between the cage and carb. I also read that the reed stops on the "old" version will have wavy edges.

I'm going to call MotoT tomorrow and find out more information.

I replaced my VF 3 with the early version of the VF 4 but added a 3mm spacer and all is well. The read stops are actually curved....others have cut them back by 1/4 inch so they don't touch the cases.

They are a worthwill add on, gives better off idle response and better overrev.

I replaced my VF 3 with the early version of the VF 4 but added a 3mm spacer and all is well. The read stops are actually curved....others have cut them back by 1/4 inch so they don't touch the cases.

They are a worthwill add on, gives better off idle response and better overrev.

Were do you get the 3mm spacer at and do I need it?

Also if these VF 4 are having problem will there be a recall.

Can you run the Boyesen reeds or something diff ?

I fabricated one since to send back the reed back and forth to the states would cost more money and down time....Send your back to MT and get 25mm bolts!!!

Hello MotoT,

I've read about the issue with the petals not being allowed to open on the early model of the reed in my motorcycle. After verifying that my reed does not have the built in spacer that allows the petals to fully open I'm like to have the updated version shipped to me. Please let me know how to go about having this issue corrected. There are others waiting on a definitive way to identify the issue on their own new KTM. https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014857 Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Thank you for your inquiry. If your bike is running poorly and you think it may be the VForce Valve then we would be happy to take a look. Our aftermarket VForce4 differs from the OE parts that come on your KTM.

We did have a running change in the aftermarket parts we sold but NOT the OE parts.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please feel free to shoot them over.

Thank you,

MotoT

MotoT,

How does the aftermarket Vforce 4 differ from the part placed on my KTM at the factory?

Thanks,

****-

The pictures on Thumpertalk showed some of the visual changes.

We made the manifold plate thicker (acting spacer), we changed the curve in the extended reed stops, we also changed some inner details that apply tension in the petals to help petal life. We see better performance gains from the VForce3 and extended reed petal life.

Thanks again,

MotoT

MotoT,

Will you replace my Vforce4 with the updated version if I ship it to you?

Thanks

We do not offer an exchange for OE parts.

Thank you,

MotoT

MotoT,

Ok, then do I need to buy a new Vforce4 reed to keep the system from damaging my motor? Or were the design updates in no way related to a potential premature product failure do to the reed petals hitting the inside of the intake tract?

Thanks

No, absolutely not will the OE valve cause damage to your motor.

The design of the VFORCE4 in KTM has the reed stops touching the case and this is normal.

Thank you,

MotoT

MotoT,

Then why are you making the replacement for people who bought the aftermarket version?

*****-

The exchange is available to folks whom purchased aftermarket VFORCE4 the prematurely released VForce4. We redesigned and found we are happier, engines are happier with the revisions we made.

We can not modify OE parts for KTM mid-production season and therefore all 2012 bike have the same valve you have...There are regulated by KTM and tested by KTM.

Thanks again,

MotoT

Good work motoxhead :smashpc:

So now what do we do?

Ride the bike as is or change to a diff setup or spacer plate ?

I know I won't be buying the updated VFORCE4. MotoT seems to be standing my their claim that the petals rubbing against in the intact tract will not cause chipping of the petals and engine damage. I'm not sure why they would go so far as to replace the entire product for people that bought it as an aftermarket product if it wasn't flawed. I didn't recieve an iphone 4 when I bought an iphone 3 the month before the 4 came out. They just have a big bottom line problem on their hands and would rather brush it under the rug.

• Like 1

I'm taking mine apart to inspect it for premature wear. I suspect if it already worn they will replace the entire unit.

Also, I could have shot myself In the foot by referencing TT. Knowing a large audience could potentially see the response and prompt many more returns if it was easy to do.

I'd like to hear KTMs spin.

I'm taking mine apart to inspect it for premature wear. I suspect if it already worn they will replace the entire unit.

Also, I could have shot myself In the foot by referencing TT. Knowing a large audience could potentially see the response and prompt many more returns if it was easy to do.

I'd like to hear KTMs spin.

Can you post some pics if you do take it apart?

I only have maybe hour and a half on my bike so I do not know if mine will be showing any wear yet.

I'll post some pictures of the reed and the hours on the bike at the time. I'll be beyond angry if it is chipping off into my engine.

I sucked a v-force reed on my KTM. I left it in the engine without a problem. Now I run an older 200 factory KTM reed block ands it is awesome for low end grunt. Lost quite a bit on top but it pulls like a trials bike now. Never had a boyson give a problem so if I was buying it would be boyson.