Sign in to follow this  

Best year for crf250r?

hey everyone i have a 05 crf250r and am thinking about getting a 06 because i like the duals. but what is your favorite year of honda? so i can possibly be looking for one. thanks

Generally newer is better, or lower hours (which ever comes first), but 06+ seem to be better bikes than the '04 and '05 regarding valve issues. Dual exhaust models stopped at 2009. If you can afford it I would suggest the 2010 model which is fuel injected but is only single muffler, because it would mean no more jetting issues.

i absolutely love my '05. its my third one. and thats coming off a 2011 kxf250. with SS valves and good maintenance they are all fantastic bikes. But I've heard awesome things about the 08, 09 and especially the 2012's.

But honestly, imo- the '05 is an incredible bike, even for its age.

i absolutely love my '05. its my third one. and thats coming off a 2011 kxf250. with SS valves and good maintenance they are all fantastic bikes. But I've heard awesome things about the 08, 09 and especially the 2012's.

But honestly, imo- the '05 is an incredible bike, even for its age.

I LOVE my '05. I'm a bit of a hacker rider and it's more than enough for me every time I get out on it. My bike is starting to get the comfortable pair of shoes appeal....

I know EXACTLY how she starts, hot or cold. I know what the bumps feel like and how they are dealt with. She behaves and nicely, and now and again reminds that the "louder" handle still has more than I need for now. :smashpc:

I have had a 2009, 2010, and now a 2012.

The 2009 was finicky getting started, but had the best balanced suspension and had incredible top end. The 2010 was very nice, mellower power and started really easy, but the handling was a bit twitchy and unstable in rough, high-speed sections and getting the suspension dialed in was a challenge. The 2012 is just about perfect. Incredible low end and mid-range and as strong on top as the 2009, and the suspension is even better than the 2009. And best of all, the 2011 and the 2012 are super quiet.

I have an 09 and i loves it, previously owned a YZ250F 08.. When I got my YZ I was looking at a few other bikes aswell, in the group there was a 06 CRF, she just didnt show as much potential.. had good power, but the YZ had a stronger pull (also was mint condition).. Now my 09 CRF is a beast compared to all the rest.. feels very light, I like the ergos, even tho I'm pretty tall and can feel cramped when standing, but Ive adjusted my bars so now its good, might lower my footpegs soon.. Suspension and handling are very good, the bike is very stable and soaks everything thats on its way..

She is a bitch to start sometimes, also got me injuried with 9 bones, well I cant blame her, but she was involved.. lol

Overall I think the 09 is the best package, I rode a 2010, starts very nice, looks very good too, but, top seemed pretty mellow, heard of a lot of issues etc.. Never got the chance to ride the 2012, might be looking for that one in the future..

And oh yeah, about the duals, lotsa sex appeal on those.. gotta love em !

wanna check mine out ?

I have had clogged carburator issues, and it costed me a lot,

so, thats a pro for a FI one.. Gotta always remember to drain

the carb if you leave the bike sit for a week or so

Fuel injection is so under-rated. I would absolutely love it

- No clogged jets

- No changes needed for elevation

- No changes needed for different temperatures

- No changes needed if you modify the intake or exhaust

- No bog

- Easier starting

I know that if your mechanically minded you can make a carbed bike run nearly just as good but FI takes away all hassle

EFI is ssssooooo nice, constant power delivery, no bug, so easy to start. Sometimes I miss my kick and the bike still start. When I try a carb bike, I miss the EFI a lot.

I have a 2010 and this bike is really awesome. Probably the easiest bike you'll ever ride. Set your sag between 103 and 106, adjust the sterring damper to the full hard position and you gonna love it so much. But you really have to manage power the same way as the 125 two stroke, between mid and top end range with a lot of clutching.

Yesterday I tried a 2012 and I must admit this is a nice upgrade from my 2010. I can really compare the suspension because it was so muddy I don't really test it. But a better low end power, the only thing my 2010 missed. Really the best bike I rode.

Ive had the crf models from 07 to 2010 and the 2010 is by far the best in my opinion. no trouble starting and efi is nice. it is a more nimble bike and handles awesome. i liked my 09 a lot too minus the problems with starting